Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash games in the fitz

Options
  • 25-02-2004 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭

are there any cash games held in the fitz?

If so: What days and what times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

There's usually a cash game going on every evening in the Fitz. Not sure exactly how it works, its usually hold'em, sometimes omaha, sometimes both.
    I haven't been tempted to join it yet as most of the players seem like they really know what they're doing.

IIRC I think its €50 buy-in to sit and play but I've seen people there with stacks of several thousand euro worth of chips so its by no means gentle.

Not sure if any boards people have had a go at the cash games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

thanks for the info.

I think I heard from some else that its a mixture of omaha and hold'em like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

One round Omaha, next round Hold'em. Problem is, it's Pot Limit. The guys in the min 50 buy in don't "really know what they're doing" they suck. They are gamblers and so easy to read. You know if they bet they have a good hand. I've had a rough time at it though. I am confident I will win in the long run though. My first ever hand in the fitzwilliam, we were playing Omaha to start with, I had pocket A's and something else. Started with €50, went all in on flop (2,9,10 or something), some ass called me waiting for a straight €40, as I said, gamblers. I put down my A's and he said, yup, you have me beat, so we flipped turn(?)and river(2) and he said yep take it away.... oh no, and flips over a 2. Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

here is a list of their games and on what nights

http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/tournaments.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by krattapopov
    here is a list of their games and on what nights
    http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/tournaments.htm
    I think that list only refers to the organised tournaments each night. There's usually cash games going on at the same times, but they tend not to be very organised and whoever is there and wants to play just signs up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement