Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prince of persia (the really old platform version)

Options
  • 25-02-2004 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

well after recently acquiring the sands of time i decided i wanted to get my hands on the old game, just for a laugh, but i cant find it. (bear in mind i'm not a gamey person so i dont usually know where to get these things) i tried kazaa and suprnova, and being the lazy person i am decided not to bother looking anymore and just ask here.

so has anyone any idea where i might get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

warezmonkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i see girls aren't received well on the games board :p

I JUST WANTED TO SATIATE MY NOSTALGIA! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I thought the original Prince of Persia was unlockable? It's probably only on the Gamecube and Xbox versions though (I'm supposing you have the PS2 version).

Oh and no, I "don't know where to get Prince of Persia". "Look harder".

bloody hell! i didn't think you'd still be able to buy the original, its gotta be at least 10 years old. i had it on the ancient pc back in the day

*sniffles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try the underdogs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

I think its safe enoug to post this like as the game seems to have stopped being sold anywhere I can but theres a site called.
    "chips and bits" that might stil sell a second hand original.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=9

I know its has a strange title but I think this is the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Here you go Seraphina :D

It's Abandonware and is free to download.

nostalgia hoi! >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

omg like this is my all time second favourite old game! i never culd finish it however. always wanted it back again. i use to have it on floppy some where...

thnx for the link! SOME GAME! WOOHOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

sep whats the controls for this? i aint got a clue again... i know left right up down etc... but whats the other ones again! hope u can reply soon i really wanna play this tonight!!

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Space is jump IIRC.
    And right shift is possibly draw sword.
    It's been a long time since I played it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What a fantastic game. Brings back memories. It's amazing how good the animation still is and how close it plays to tomb raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I have the Java version of PoP on my phone, it's really good, but short... worth €5

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

up = jump/climb
    down = crouch/sheath sword,
    space = time left,
    ctrl = draw sword,
    shift = single step/grab(while jumping)

POP2 was extremely difficult to finish in that the only way to win was to die at some specific time in the game, but if you missed it the game would continue on normally until you had to beat the evil guy then he'd just laugh and disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

retro.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

I thought the original Prince of Persia was unlockable? It's probably only on the Gamecube and Xbox versions though (I'm supposing you have the PS2 version).

here's how to find the original game on the Sands of Time PS2 (probably same method for other consoles). It has both the cheat code and a mini-walkthrough with pics on the proper way to do it.
    http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/535/535909.html

Does anybody know where you can get Prince of Persia 2 to download?

Advertisement