Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topical, poor taste joke

• 25-02-2004 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Yes it was poor taste, and until the affected people have had time to grieve / deal with their problems sufficiently, I wont accept any Dublin Bus jokes here.

Let this be a warning

Bio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

You're one sick twisted son of a bitch! I hope you get bludgeoned to death with your own dismembered arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I am shocked and appaled. You are a bad human being.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I don't think it's very funny to joke about that sort of thing, especially when it was so close to home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143400

I can only hope you have the same sense of decency as this poster and edit that before satan finds out and books you a seat on the 6:66 train to hell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Well, now, if the last one of these got cut and the offender banned, I;d run for the hills if I were you, Jippo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Not funny at all. Given Boards' popularity, theres a decent chance that people who knew the dead/injured or one of the staff involved might actually see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

In extremely bad taste...
    A bit of common sense should be shown with issues like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Someone was clever enough tomake a new account so as to avoid being banned, then again do mods get the IP address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

If they managed to block the IP address then the guy (if he is in college) could just use a different computer. THey could block the whole college domain IP but that would be unfair for other Board's users in the same college as that ignorant F*ck*r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Len_007

BAd, very bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

what a foolish moron

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

surely powers that be can just delete the thread altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

i found it funny the first time. this is just trolling though. still funny.

--

A book of condolence has been opened at Dublin Bus Head Office in O'Connell Street.

Send your condolences by email

--
    Front of dublinbus.ie :: (shallow PR recovery)... now that's a sick joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I don't think it's very funny to joke about that sort of thing, especially when it was so close to home.

What a bunch of hypocrites! if it happened in a different country you'd all say it was the best joke ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Do you even know what "close to home" means???

While yeah it is an insensitive joke I think people are being a bit over the top and hypocritical about this one. These are the same people who have absolutely no problem laughing at somalians, aids victims, Michael Jackson raping children and sick racist jokes and all the other sick sh*t that appears on this board from time to time. I think people should get off their big giant pedastals on high moral ground before they criticise.
    Again I don't support this either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

The joke is insensitive, and it's not funny.

You're one sick twisted son of a bitch! I hope you get bludgeoned to death with your own dismembered arm!

That's way worse than the joke, and if he gets banned for telling the joke, you should be banned for twice as long. Atleast he tried being funny (although I still think that telling the joke was a dumb idea; but that's besides the point), your statement is just stupid and serves no purpose.

Eh muffen take a freakin chill pill I'm pretty sure he was taking the pis* out of all the hypocritical do-gooders who are complaining................or else he's some kind of computer literate, arm wielding maniac........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Eh muffen take a freakin chill pill I'm pretty sure he was taking the pis* out of all the hypocritical do-gooders who are complaining

He's the second reply, and the first reply isn't really complaining, just stating that the joke was bad.

I find it highly unlikely his sarcastic, because at the time he posted it there was no-one to be sarcastic towards.

• Advertisement

HE'S HARDLY BEING SERIOUS NOW IS HE? Jeez wake up ya frickin weirdo.
    And maybe he predicted this stupid reaction from people like yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

As always, the reaction is almost as funny as the joke itself.

People click on a thread titled 'Topical, poor taste joke', find a topical, poor taste joke and proceed to complain about it because it is a topical, poor taste joke.

Get off your collective morality high horses and get yourselves a sense of humour. (Yes, yes, I know you have a sense of humour but that you still don't find that joke particularly funny. But at the very least accept that many people* do find topical, bad taste jokes funny.)

* Note that this thread is the most viewed thread on the humour board at the moment. Out of the 500+ people who have viewed it, less than 20 have been offended enough to complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Em, whatever bout us all being on moral high horses i would say its too soon. i'm as forgiving as most people and despite knowing the effect this had on some of the people i know the joke would come across as funny. but its really too soon for this joke like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Raphael
    I can only hope you have the same sense of decency as this poster and edit that before satan finds out and books you a seat on the 6:66 train to hell
    One of the busses involved was the 66 bus. Please remove yourself from your high horse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SpankyFart

hmm how did this get 5 stars then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement