Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Embarrassing WWF/E Moments Poll

• 25-02-2004 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

So whats yours then?

Embarrassing WWF/E moments 22 votes

Al Wilson / Dawn Marie angle
    0% 0 votes
    Naked Mideon
    9% 2 votes
    Fake Razor Ramon and Diesel
    0% 0 votes
    Kurt Angle's "Olympic Heroes for Abstinence" campaign
    0% 0 votes
    Katie Vick
    0% 0 votes
    The Gay Billy and Chuck Wedding
    40% 9 votes
    The Gobbledygooker
    27% 6 votes
    Survivor Series 93 - Butch Doink, Luke Doink, Mo Doink and Mabel Doink match
    4% 1 vote
    Undertaker "dying" at Royal Rumble 94
    9% 2 votes
    Mark Henry and Mae Young in bed!
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

In general, I can't stand Joanie Laurer, so i tend to avoid her in my head by any means necessesary. I'll think of more for a future poll. :)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

So many choices.
    I'm going to go with Katie Vick.
    Sky cut most of it here of course, but the full thing must have been a sight to behold.

Anything involving wink, dink and pink or whatever they were called would be a good choice as well.

Ohh and that whole Kane thing recently with the burning skips and car batteries connected to testicles.

Don't think they cut it on RAW as it was on a 1-2am in the morning but Sky One would definitely cut it and reduced it to pictures.

As for Kane, given my feelings for him, I could probably list ten Kane moments alone and get people to pick 'em!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

O my god the Katie Vick thing was so sh*t. Kane your a murderer that was a very low point in wwes script writing. The Mae young and Mark Henry thing made me sick and then they made it worse by having the whole boob thing why did Vince let her do that awww awful. I don't even want to think about thanks for bringing it back into my head guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Argh! It's ****ing tough. It's definitely between Mae Young/Mark Henry, Al Wilson/Dawn Marie and Katie Vick. If anybody had walked into the room when I was watching them, I'd have been so ashamed to be a wrestling fan (stop making it harder for us Vince!)

Looking back on it now though, I always laughed at Al Wilson. It was just so incredibly bad that it was funny. Particularly that episode where Tazz and Cole ripped the piss out of them.

**** it, I'll go with the Mae Young thing. It served no purpose whatsoever, whereas the Katie Vick thing was intended to build a feud.

BTW, I can't even believe they attempted the fake Diesel/Razor Ramon thing. I missed those few years of wrestling, and when I got a PPV last year and looked at the back cover I was thinking "Who the **** is that? That doesn't look like Razor Ramon" Then I remembered reading what it was all about :dunno:

Seriously, what the **** were they thinking??

handcoming.JPG

handbirth.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Was the other "taker" kane?
    I voted for Ass Man's (holes) wedding to Mickey blue eyes or whatever he's f*ckin called!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Katie Vick for me.

It wasnt just a bad idea. I personally found it insulting and totally distasteful.

The Kurt Angle celebasy thing was funny. Especially when Big Show started throwing condoms at everyone then. :D

Mae Young is just like WHAT? I didnt understand that, I just forgot about it real quick and continued with my life.

You forgot Kaienti trying to cut off Val Venis's penis... or I choppy chopy your Pee-Pee. I mean.. WTF? It wasnt just Funaki and Taka Miscinoku, it was also Dick Togo, and Menstio, two highly talented japanese veterans. That was a waste of talent if there ever was one.

Naked Mideon, i never understood that character. Didnt he see thye camera there when we was fuking that chicken?

Hanza

I'm surprised nobody has voted for Naked Mideon yet?!!

I covered this in a seperate topic - The fake undertaker was NOT Glenn Jacobs. It was Brian Lee, at the time Smokey Mountain Wrestling mainstay. He later jumped to WWE as Chainz of the DOA. He's a good friend to Calloway and was best man at his wedding.

Glenn Jacobs has played a couple of other WWE Roles, Unabomb, Iassac Yankem DDS, The Fake Diesel before he settled down as Kane.

I hated the fake Razor and Diesel thing, although when they first showed them beating up Savio Vega in the locker room, it looked almost convincing. It's when they hit the ring, the chorus of boo's and the slating Ross got from McMahon about it. He deserved every second of it.

I hadn't forgotten choppy choppy pee pee either! I'm saving it for another poll. I'm compiling even more crap! :)

Nero

• Advertisement

As for Other promotions imbarrising moments, IM still raging over this...

And since weve been giving Russo so much sh1t latley.

What was the thinking behind him carrying AJs world title. Oh wait... I know... Vince Russo wrote that didnt he? Do you know what is really imbarrising... Russo is a 2 time world champion! What is the world comming to...

Speaking of which: David Arquete...... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Hanza

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    I hated the fake Razor and Diesel thing, although when they first showed them beating up Savio Vega in the locker room, it looked almost convincing. It's when they hit the ring, the chorus of boo's and the slating Ross got from McMahon about it. He deserved every second of it.

I haven't heard about this. It was Ross' idea? I just assumed it was McMahon's.

The storyline is as follows.

For two weeks on Superstars, Jim Ross had been promising the return of Razor Ramon and Diesel, bear in mind that over in Atlanta, the NWO had kicked off big time. One week before they hit the ring, a camera caught Razor and Diesel kicking the crap out of Savio Vega. And then the week they came down, it was Monsoon, McMahon and Ross doing heelish type commentary.

Best quote of it stays in my head

Ross: Well they're back, Razor Ramon and Diesel!
    Monsoon: Call that what you want Jim Ross, That's not Kevin Nash!!
    Ross: I never said the return of Hall and Nash, I said the return of Ramon and Diesel!

The company was experimenting a heel turn for Jim Ross, you'll see it unfold during In Your House - Mind Games. Needless to say tension set in betwen McMahon and Ross during the broadcast when he upped and left.

However the whole thing was a work, which was a shame cos it had me fooled at the time. Although I was a 19 year old mark at the time, what did I know? JR returned to being Good ol' JR and McMahon then turned heel.

Nero

Ah, I always thought they were seriously portraying the fakes as actually being the originals.

That was the period I stopped watching wrestling for about a year. And Im glad... sounded a bit mixed up...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Katie Vick for me.

Ok, I dont actually follow wrestling anymore but can someone tell me about this? My curiosity has been peaked. Cheers.

Like most of us, but you didn't miss much. In 1996 we had the following:

Baby bottle and nappy match:
    Billionaire Ted skits
    Goldust stripped down to S&M gear by Roddy Piper
    Fake Razor Ramon and Diesel
    Kevin Nash being pulled through the ring by Undertaker
    Cloudy!
    Jake The Snake returning as a fat talentless piece of sh|t.
    In Your House - Beware of Powercuts... sorry, I mean Beware of Dog.

Although on the plus side, we had the birth of 3:16, The debut of The Rock and Nash has the one good match he ever had in the WWE against Michaels.

Nero

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Ok, I dont actually follow wrestling anymore but can someone tell me about this? My curiosity has been peaked. Cheers.

Kane had just won back the IC belt and had given this boring speech about being happy for the first time. Triple H busts in on the interview and asks how Happy Katie Vick is?

Apparently they were both in a car crash, both under the influence, Kane survived yadda yadda yadda. While Triple H continues to run him into the ground.

The next week on RAW, they show Triple H, for the want of a better term, humping the corpse of Katie Vick.

This lead to the title for title match at No Mercy, which Triple H won, burying the IC title and the last remaining bit of credibility Kane had.

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

The kissing Vince's ass thing was quite disturbing as he has a large amount of creative control I assume! Why they thought that would encourage anybody to start watching wrestling is beyond me.

Nero the Taker pulling Nash though the ring in 96 was real good

• Advertisement

It was a dirt way to end what was a brilliant match. I admit it was way ahead of its time, but it wrecked what i thought was already a great match.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I seem to remember Goodwin brothers being paticularly bad and when D-Lo Brown and that bloke out of the Headbangers wore turbans with Tiger Ali-Singh as their leader. Truly terrible.

Wwll when i think back it was a pretty ****ty way to end the match but i still think it was really good

Originally posted by ChumpStain
    I seem to remember Goodwin brothers being paticularly bad and when D-Lo Brown and that bloke out of the Headbangers wore turbans with Tiger Ali-Singh as their leader. Truly terrible.

Oh man, don't get me started.
    First we had HOG, who was stuck in a hog pen match with HHH, and that was BEFORE he broke kayfabe at MSG!
    Then PIG joined and had that boring feud with LOD
    Then we had Uncle Cleatus join them, he didn't last pissing time.
    Then we had Southern Justice, yes, Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight decked out in suits as Vince tried to put them over as BADASSES!

Then when Canterbury was canned, they brought Knight back as Mideon!

As for Chaz Warrington? We have Mosh, Beaver Cleavage, Chaz from Lo Down turpin wearing muppet. He said that he just wanted to be himself when he changed his name to Chaz, but he's had almost as many identidy changes as Billy f*ckin' Gunn!

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Everytime Rikishi does that ass wiping across ppls face thing i cringe......

But i voted for mae/mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

^^^^^^i gotta agreea with that ^^^^^
    Can some onr please tell me what the **** happened with mark henery and Mae Young? I started watching wrestling mid 2000 so i missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Anything HHH is involved in sucks balls. That whole Katie Vick thing was one of the worst peices of television I've ever seen.

Mark Henry gets feelings for Mae, they are filimed getting it to the sack together. Mae as wearing this crazy sick little red winsiette. UUUUCK:dunno: JR was as funny as hell: "I fink he jus' tuk his drawers off!!!"

Mae gets preggers as a result of the night of passion. Henry has a rivalery with Visera, and he splashes the pregnant Mae a few times on different shows. Last time he did it, she went into labour and gave birth to a rubber hand...

WTF? I hear you cry! I know, what was going on!

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Could someone please clarify the meaning of "kayfabe" and the origin of the word?

I used to know but can' remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It basically just means staying in charachter. The origin is from back in the carnival days when a 'mark' (someone not in the know) would come up to two or more wrestlers when they are talking about the match, one would say 'kayfabe' to the other and they would stop talking about their match ie spots or time or who goes over.

Advertisement