Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art leaving cert

Options
  • 25-02-2004 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what you are allowed to take into the art L.C exam for the imaginative composition? e.g. preparation sketches, tracing paper, colour studies etc.
    i have a piece finished and i want to take as much stuff in as i can that will ensure that i can reproduce it as best i can in the time limit.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

um, can't remember what Imag. Composition is..

If it's the one where you need to pick a part out of the story they give you, I'm pretty sure you can't bring anything in (you might be able to bring in references though).
    If it's the poster, I think you need like two sheets of paper, one with different ideas on it the other with prep work for your actual piece (think they need to be coloured too)

Really need to find out more about my Art exam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

you can bring in a preparatory sheet as an memory aid which u hand in also, but u get no marks for it. u then make up ur own preparation sheet in there which u hand up but copy from da last one because ull get no marks. then work from dat to ur finished piece. u can use any media u want but i doubt u can really use tracing paper.....
    if u really want to make sure u can reproduce it maybe a still life is a better idea if u cud work ur idea around it?

Originally posted by smelly girl
    you can bring in a preparatory sheet as an memory aid which u hand in also, but u get no marks for it. u then make up ur own preparation sheet in there which u hand up but copy from da last one because ull get no marks. then work from dat to ur finished piece.

**** ignore dat that was for da craftwork!!!!! me so dumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Just don't do what I did in my Leaving - forget to bring your paints! The invigilator kindly deprived me of a subject by refusing to let me go out and buy a paintbox!

Proving what a truly stupid system the exam system is. Why should six years' work be judged on one week when you might have your period, have broken up with your girlfriend, get the flu, have been unable to sleep, etc, etc. In no other part of your life would it work like this.

apparantly they are changing back to a project based exam in about 4 years....

• Advertisement
Advertisement