Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business hints

Options
  • 25-02-2004 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

just done my business higher today and heres a few that came up:
    characteristics, skills and activities of a manager... comes up in abq and another question.
    know how to draft a memo.
    how a contract is terminated
    what does a company do to research a new product i.e. feasibility study
    how is a product promoted
    list principles of insurance (short question)
    Legislative methods of resolving conflict (the acts)
    what does D.I.R.T. stand for and E.D.I.
    Explain, span of control, inorganic growth and equity capital, chain of command, global and MNC's
    Thats all i can remember hope it helps!!

:dunno:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

Hey any other hints like what came on in the acts and the long questions? i doing test on friday then im FINISHED!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I'm doing it at nine am tomorrow, totally screwed. My timing is totally off, plus i dont know the acts properly or the ABQ units. We've only just finished the social responsibility chapter, havent started the european union one, which is probably going to rule out at least one long question and probably one short question too. I'll probably end up getting up at 06:00 trying to have a last minute cram session. Plus, irishpal25 - my school alone has two different sets of mocks, so dont rely totally on learning off what came up on country_gurl's paper, or worse, making cog notes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

country gurl has same mock papers as me. and my school only gets one company so thats good. i got history 2mro TOTALLY FUKED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Yeah, just be careful - if the subject is in two different subject groups and have two different mock timetables, chances arte if youre in a decent school they'll have two different sets of mock papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

I did higher Business today too, but I had a different paper. The only short question that I didn't know the answer to was the short question "what is a social audit", the rest were very straightforward.

ABQ was fairly easy, questions on legislative and non legislative methods of soving conflict , management skills and another one that I can't quite recall(it was about solving a problem where there were 2 people running a business and one of them was treating customers and staff poorly)

Other things that came up in the long questions were relationship between employers and employees, role of director of consumer affairs, delegation ,insurance(household and business) , sources of finance for household , "what is indirect taxation and why is it regressive" , definitions of batch ,mass and job production , what is a break even chart used for and its advantages.

I'm working from memory here since I had to hand up the question booklet but that should be enough for you to get a respectable mark in the test I did. of course if you do use them you're cheating scum and you don't deserve that respect :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I gt 70% on that exam. Wasn't that bad. Management was a nice question.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

well i just think if people want to know roughly what came up on the pre theres no harm in it. And for those who don't want to see whats comin up(1 of them was me... except 4 english i just found out whether dickinson was coming up or not), they are well capable of not looking at. But for those who do want to look at it, they can, after all its just a guide... i can't remember the exact contact. Plus they are not sure whether it is the same paper. And if i can help people to get some info into their heads that may be useful then so be it. At the end of the day if they go by just that info they aren't going to do well in the L.C. so they will get the "grade they deserve"
    So good luck to everyone including those who have received info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realt me

hey guys i thought busnesss was hard enough ...
    i got the paper with "social audit" whatever in the name of god that is...... by the way any you know wats on physic paper:confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i think i'm going to cry....

70% sheesh thats good for a mock

Advertisement