Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For people going to Germany

Options
  • 04-12-2000 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Lads, I think our plane is leaving at 7 in the morning on Thursday unless I'm greatly mistaken.
    Neil, if you can post the flight details up here again, and we can sort out where we are meeting.
    For people coming from down the country (Sonic, Overlord, Beast), and also Bunny, I think it's best if ye stay in my gaff on Wednesday night, I will be driving to the airport the next morning.
    If I have time today, I am going to get a list of hostels for us to stay in for the weekend, they should be cheap, Bunny has been looking up trains and it looks like we can get from Brussels to Cologne for fúck all money.
    Anyone else have any thoughts, put them here, I'll try and have the hostel list up today.

Z.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Actually, seeing as Neil has soundly let us play a bit in Nethouse, maybe we could all meet up there on Wed night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Excellent,

Thx Ronan. Probably meet up with ye in Airport thursday.

Tom/Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

ronan my ****ing passport aint here yet so can i camp in your gaff tuesday night so i can queue all day wednesday for the damn thing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

On that note - if anyone needs a place to stay on the Wednesday night and Ronan's place is full ( wink.gif), you can crash with me.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Alrite after a long conversation with a sexy sounding! fraulein (german chick!!) I found out the following:

Train from Brussels Nord at 19:19 has lots of availability. It is unfortunatly the next train we can get to Cologne.

The up-side: its only gona cost us 81.DM or (roughly £30 Irish). Also we get to spend a day in Brussels. Sight seeing &drinking etc.

The Down-side: have to haul our luggage around all day (I'm gona be traveling fairly light anyway so this actually dosent really worry me that much tbh!)

N

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

• Advertisement

btw that ticket I mentioned above is return. but we will prolly have to get a taxi/metro to Brussels Nord the main train station. (that'll be a couple of quid extra!)

Basically our flight out is at 7am, which means we gota be in the airport by 6am to check in.

The return flight leaves Brussels @ 17:45 (I think)

I'll know all of the finer details by Wed nite anyway.
    ;-)

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

forgot about accomodation!!

We (Sam, me and Dennis, (also if nicky is coming)) in a hotel that is just down the road from the event centre, and also from the main centre of Cologne. It weks out at somthing like £30 a head a night but you get a big buffet brekkie for that too. From the pictures the place looks really nice too.

The contact details in case any of the rest of ya wana stay there are:
    ACCENT-severin
    Severinstrasse 61
    50678 Koln
    tel: 0049 221 931867 - 0
    fax: 0049 221 931867 - 77

Dennis has said that he dosent reckon that everyone kipping on the floor is gona be a runner really. German ppl being so proper and all that but there is also another place
    that is a guest house just down the road that has rooms with like 6 beds in them..
    Mite be worth checking it out cause as far as I know it was a pretty good deal.

N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

The flight from Dub to brussels is now £1.50 each way plus tax (fly out thurs 7th, return on the monday 11th)!!!

The train looks like it will cost about 30 or 40 quid return from near the airport over to cologne.

more when I find out more

FS
    typical...
    Bunners, just checked and those flights arent available on the same plane as us. Only the one that leaves that nite.

nethousegames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Sonic, yes, come up tonight, no probs with stayin here.

Jedi/Sonic - Myself Bunny Shadow and Koopa have been chattin and we are gonna meet up in Nethouse on Wednesday night to play some games, it's also nice to put in an appearance in Nethouse considering we wouldnt be going here without them. Get sleep on Wednesday, we might stay up on Wednesday night and I'll drive to the airport at 5.30/5.45 on Thursday mornin.
    Say we meet in Nethouse around 9.30/10pm tomorrow night? (Wednesday).
    Sonic, I'll call you this morning about coming up.
    Anybody want anything from Germany??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Lads,

Just so you know, I cannot go to Cologne due to being too busy at work. Best of luck to you all, I know you can make us all proud, I'll be doing news updates on Q.ie over that weekend, so if you get news, mail me or let me know somehow.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Yeh I'll come along on wednesday night too.

Tom/Jedi

Thx nethouse smile.gif

Fukkin really Shíte news I'm afrad...
    frown.gif
    I wont be goin over with yis on Thurs morning. My Gran died yesterday so I will have to stay for the funeral on Thurs morn. I have checked and there is no availability for flights without MAJOR Expense before Sat morning. frown.gif

I will prolly head over then. Dev if it suits you to go then too, give me a ring.
    I will still be down in Rathmines on Wed nite so I'll talk to whoevers there then about it.

nethousegames

Advertisement