Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom bill wtf

• 25-02-2004 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

okay dokey first eircom bill since broad band came today, wait for it wait for it

€620, holy shit, 150 is normal calls and line rental, and i expected the net bill to be high because of the change over with my flat rate package which counts for 60 of the bill.

however i was charge about 250 euro for something called the self install starter combi, presumably this was the thing i was meant to get free with my broadband? and that i have been overcharged for this?

was also charge 110 for the next two months usage which was also to be expected

but i was also charged for the first months usage which i though was meant to be free?

has this happened to anyone else? who should i get onto?

cheers

data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think, now I only think this, but maybe you should contact Eircom. And try ask to be put through to the billing department.

Just a guess

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

nah forget that just pay the nice monopoly there money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Lump
    I think, now I only think this, but maybe you should contact Eircom. And try ask to be put through to the billing department.

Just a guess

John

thank you for your helpful and constructive comment, unfortunately all i could get was an automated service on 1901 and the customer service number i had maintained office hours. if perchance you have another number on which i can speak to a relevant eircom representative that does not maintain office hours this would be of use to me.

regards

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

http://home.eircom.net/contact/

Billing Contact Details

If you need to contact eircom net regarding:
    - Residential Subscription Account Billing
    - Billing frequency
    - Direct debit mandate requests
    - Changing billing details

Please contact eircom net’s residential billing department as follows:
    Email:
    billing@eircom.net
    Phone:
    1800 488 000

Broadband Support

If you need to contact eircom net regarding:

- Registering a Broadband account
    - Queries with your existing Broadband connection

Please contact eircom net's Broadband department as follows:
    Sales Queries
    Residential Sales
    Broadband Business Sales
    1800 503 303 / 1800 202 275
    1800 501 502
    Hours of Operation:
    9.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday

Technical Support:
    Broadband Starter Customers
    All other Broadband Customers
    1550 555 444
    1890 260 260
    Hours of Operation:
    8.00am - 10.00pm Monday - Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

is it the first free month free or 'one' free month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye gideon thats what i was wondering also,

robert thanks for the info.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Yeah this appears to be the way the billing goes with eircom! I was charged for a months rental when I didn't even have a modem! Quick call to 1901 helpful chap said, "oh sorry bout that, we've been awfully busy dont you know with this broadband thing, sorry and hows it all going for you?":dunno: It was all put right and indeed got a credit on my next bill. So with eircom the future sure looks rosey!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

My friends bill had the same problem as well. When she called Eircom, apparently they say the free month thingy was the rental of the modem or some crap like that and had nothing to do with the actual BB line. I say you could sue them for such a misleading advertisement!

Advertisement