Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost replies?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

It was probably locked between the time you clicked the "post reply" and "submit" buttons, while you were typing out your deep and pithy response ;).

AFAIK, only unregistered posts on PI are pre-modded, so unless you were logged out when you made the post in question it should have gone through. If you were logged out, then it would have made it to the moderators post validation queue. Since the thread was locked, I don't think it's going to be validated any time soon, if that was the case.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by swiss
    AFAIK, only unregistered posts on PI are pre-modded, so unless you were logged out when you made the post in question it should have gone through. If you were logged out, then it would have made it to the moderators post validation queue. Since the thread was locked, I don't think it's going to be validated any time soon, if that was the case.

indeed, swiss is correct
    if you have not logged in then you will go pre-modded
    anyway, there were a few comments in the que this morning which I deleted as the thread was locked and they weren't adding anything to the discussion. I can't recall if one of them was yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

swiss: Cheek :p

Beruthiel: I was logged in. It was most likely as swiss said, just bad timing between the locking and the replying

Thanks for clearing that up!

Advertisement