Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple mouse-scroll problem

• 26-02-2004 3:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    This is so simple, it's even bothering me.

Had to reformat my machine there due to the fact that my mouse and keyboard stopped working, even during a "repair" of the Windows XP re-installion. The whole problem came about when I tried to re-install my mouse drivers (for about the 3rd time), the only reason being the scroll (middle) button wasn't working at all.

It's a Logitech cordless ball mouse. Everything else is working fine. I installed the original drivers on this new install too, and it's just coming up as the usual windows drivers, and I'm not even going to try to install them again. Scroll wheel still not working.

In the main drivers section, I've changed the settings to "presume wheel is present" and also "check for wheel". Still nothing, nevermind anything by Logitech.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try to uninstall the drivers in safe mode, then choose the driver file manually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

if you are lacking in functionality (as in not having the middle mouse button) i wouldnt be surprised since the PC seems to have picked up standard mouse drivers instead of the ones supplied by logitech.

when you say that you are not even going to try and install the original drivers i presume you are referring to the ones that would have come with your mouse? i suggest instead you go to the logitech website and see if you can download more up-to-date drivers, just make sure to create a system restore point before installing them so that you wont have to re-build if things go wrong. (if you dont know about system restore points in windows XP go to help in the OS and it'll tell you all you need to know).

good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

try to download IntelliPoint from MS

It works for me, but I am using Win2K.

Advertisement