Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better contention ratio on Netsource

• 26-02-2004 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Extracted from Netsource website :
    Preceding the introduction of further Business Broadband services Netsource are delighted to announce that all existing Business Broadband SOHO clients will have a new contention ratio of 24:1 as of the 1st of March 2004. Existing Business Broadband SOHO clients will therefore benefit from a higher specification broadband service for no additional monthly charge.

Thank God!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That's because they stopped taking new residential customers and have feck-all clients so the density at the POPs is well below 48:1
    It's hardly a major increase in the "specification" of the product when they still suffer from unreliable and higher-than-they-have-to-be pings.
    I would have much preferred an increase in the cap to 30Gigs per month or a reduction in the price to €50 inc VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

How will this effect current residential SoHo customers?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Where is this on the site, I can't find it anywhere?

FFS and I just got my 3 monthly bill from them this morning.

If this is all their going to do, then I'll be moving, specially if Esat and UTV increase their CAP, then there would be no reason to continue to pay e66 per month.

Has anybody moved recently? how long does it take? and have they got the one day port moving setup yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Surely that is not all they are going to do.
    Anyone would be nuts to stay with them if thats all they are planning.
    Money talks not contention ratios.
    Its a joke, and Netsource are getting very good at the jokes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I might move to the 1mb Eircom business offering me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I was thinking the very same thing.
    I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if ESAT or UTV come up with anything better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'll wait until all the cards are on the table .... Netsource have until mid March I'd say ... they better pass on some savings or I'm off to someone else (and God help me, its looking like it may be €ircon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

That's pretty much as expected. I'd say all the ISP will sell the 24:1 package at the old price and then offer the 48:1 as a cheaper package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

NS have said that they releasing their new products on monday. I asked what was happening and was told there will be a few different options available.
    When I asked was the current soho pack turning into the sme he said something along those lines but nothin is final but on monday we ring you and let you know.

Esat meant to be giving theirs on monday too so roll on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by SyxPak
    That's because they stopped taking new residential customers and have feck-all clients so the density at the POPs is well below 48:1
    It's hardly a major increase in the "specification" of the product when they still suffer from unreliable and higher-than-they-have-to-be pings.
    No, it's based on an entirely different Eircom wholesale package, one of those announced in the last week or two. It is genuinely 24:1 contention at the exchange. It will only suffer from higher-than-they-have-to-be pings if too many fat bastards download more than their fair share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

NS have said that they releasing their new products on monday. QUOTE]

Anyone know if this has happened? I don't see anything new on the website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Originally posted by Longfield
    The new details account details are reported on http://www.siliconrepublic.com/srep...ryid=single2795 (free signup to view) , wont post the article here as ii presume its copyright.

However it breaks down to this (presumably all ex vat and without the domain name addon/hidden charge)

SOHO

Standard - €29.99 - >512/128
    Enhanced - €33 ->512/128

Doesnt specify what "enhanced" gives extra

Enterprise Business Broadband

Standard - €89 ->1024/256
    Enhanced - €89 ->1024/256

Doesn't Specify what "enhanced" gives extra

Corporate Business Broadband

Standard - €169 ->2048/256
    Enhanced Details unknown

All prices are presumably ex vat. I would imagine that the difference between standard and enhanced will remain the same as on http://www.netsource.ie/html/access_solutions.html and will incure the extra hidden charges such as the most expensive domain name registration charge in the world (probably)...

Details also here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1439536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

yay me!

I've had a brilliant connection bar a few problems in the first month of Netsource so if they're going to mkae it better then thats all good :ninja:

I hope my costs get reduced though.

Will ring tomorrow and ask.

Advertisement