Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Stuttgard

• 26-02-2004 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Great win for chelski and from an Irish viewpoint its good to see Duffers back. Of the 3 English teams in CL this tie looked to be the toughest and the away goal gives the a great chance of getting through.

Raneri has dropped a major hin that he is on going to be sacked saying he hoped to be in charge next season but that was not the signs he had been given. Wouldn;t it be strange for him to get sacked even if they won the CL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I watched it last night and thought that they look comfortable and deserved the win (even taking off my blue tinted glasses). I was surprised tha Houghton lashed into them so much in the after match analysis - 4 out 4 away wins in champions legue without conceeding a goal ... speaks for itself.
    I think if we win the champions league (i don't think we will btw) Rainieri's job is safe - if not it looks bad for him. It seemed nobody wanted him to come to chelsea after vialli and now few people want him to leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Terrible game , Chelsea were very poor hardly a shot on goal, John Terry once again one of the few that can hold his head up, Team seems to lack morale, I hope CR stays as he is one of the few Gents in this game but the signs look bad, I know a win is a win but Chelsea could have lost by 3 or 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

First 20 Chels were awful, and what a terrible miss by Gudjohnsen after a great play by Crespo (who after a sluggish start worked v hard) Makelele gave away the ball far too cheaply, hasn't played well since Bolton. Lampard was better than he was in last 2 games, Terry and Gallas were excellent and Johnson suprised me greatly defensively wise.
    Duffer feeling his way back in, didn't overexert himself.

Advertisement