Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB and PS2 Online Gaming Setup Help Needed

• 26-02-2004 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Folks,

Can anyone help, i have the Zxytel USB modem that came supplied with the IOL home broadband package. I have purchased a PS2 Network Adaptor and installed this on my ps2, The connection lead is like a regular network cable.

Q - How do i connect my ps2 to my broadband modem. :confused:
    Do i have to purchase a new modem or route it through my pc in some way ?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by BoDidley

Do i have to purchase a new modem or route it through my pc in some way ?

Yes. Or you should be able to hook the ps2 up to your pc with cross over cable, use internet connection sharing to share out the dsl to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

i've never used the ps2 network adapter(hope to get it soon though :) ) but setting it up should be straight forward and hopefully this might help

what you will need to do is get:
    -an ethernet network card, which you will put in your pc
    -a cross-over network cable, which connects from your pc to the ps2 network adapter (you don't use the cable supplied with the ps2 net adapter, it's a normal network cable, you will use this instead if you ever get a hub or switch)

now once you have installed the card in ur pc and plugged everything in you do the following next (windows 2K and XP users)

ON THE PC select your IOL internet connection and enable internet connection sharing on it. This should then automatically setup the correct IP settings needed for the new network card. I think a yes/no message appears asking to change ur LAN adapter IP to 192.168.0.1 If it does choose yes.

ON THE PS2 when you setup there should be an option for 'Static IP' or similar choose that and the settings you enter will be as follows:

IP - 192.168.0.2
    (you can change the 2 at the end to any number from 2 to 254 if u like)

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Gateway - 192.168.0.1

DNS(Domain Name Server) - 192.168.0.1

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement