Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all ISDN quake3 players - You will LOVE this

Options
  • 07-12-2000 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Join games1.iol.ie:27990 (make sure downloads are turned on)
    and play quake3 like your on a LAN (almost!)

We're testing Strider's latest prediction mod.
    Since tonight I have the very latest from him so you can experience it here first!

Heres the details from the man himself:
    "The new prediction command is cg_prediction:

0 = off (default Q3 prediction)
    1 = interpolation for the full time between each opponent's position update from the server
    -1 = extrapolation based on each opponent's newest position update from the server, up to 3x the duration between the last two snapshots should lag occur."

I recommend -1 for ISDNers but its a test and so make sure to try out both values.

Personally, the improvement is amazing - It feels like lan now. Not that the ping feels like zero - it doesnt quite but Q3 on ISDN is no longer a completely different game to LAN q3 with this mod - which all the nDlads will understand having to play ISDN after playing LAN for hours

[This message has been edited by Overlord (edited 08-12-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I was useing it @ +1 last night,
    movment so soooo much smoother.
    way easier to shaft and rail too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Yet again, david, you are the bean!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Hup

Advertisement