Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush to visit Ireland in June

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Prime Minister Bertie Ahern will be in Washington where he will present President George W. Bush with a traditional bowl of shamrock, the three-leaved national emblem of Ireland.

from: http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=477071&section=news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The word "fertiliser" springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Irish government ministers will celebrate St Patrick's Day everywhere today -- everywhere, that is, except Ireland.

A list released by the government reveals that virtually the entire Irish cabinet will be out of the country next Wednesday, March 17, for the feast day of Ireland's patron saint
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

I hope Bertie and Bush have a nice day. Probably discussing how Ireland has such a nice shade of green and how it might go well with the blood of a few gunned-down protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    I hope Bertie and Bush have a nice day. Probably discussing how Ireland has such a nice shade of green and how it might go well with the blood of a few gunned-down protestors.

Sounds good to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Prime Minister Bertie Ahern will be in Washington where he will present President George W. Bush with a traditional bowl of shamrock, the three-leaved national emblem of Ireland.
    Is he going to get him to eat it? Make soup out of it?

(where can one get the traditional "bowl of shamrock" anyway? I've almost got sympathy for auld Liz Windsor-Battenburg-Mountbatten sticking some on the corgis now)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by irish1
    A list released by the government reveals that virtually the entire Irish cabinet will be out of the country next Wednesday, March 17, for the feast day of Ireland's patron saint
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Paddy's Day is ripe for a takeover of the Houses of the Oireachtas. Wave something shiny in front of Cullen's face and toss it into the street.

(I have an image in my head now of Cullen sitting at a table in the lobby of Leinster House with stars and sparkles and bits of paper all stuck to his gormless face. Father Dougal Cullen. The brains of the operation.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Wave something shiny in front of Cullen's face and toss it into the street.

Hey! What are you saying about me?

Oh...hang on...different Cullen. N'mind.

jc

Advertisement