Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msn messenger games, web cam cut of i-net conection?

• 26-02-2004 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Msn messenger games, web cam cut of i-net conection?

posted this in the windows forum to

It seems to only happen in msn messenger when i accept a web cam conversation and games (as i found out earlier) so far nothing else.
    would it have to do with messenger or my internet?
    to get back online i have to reboot the pc and router, can get very annoying (cancel's any d/l's etc)

have xp-pro as os all up date
    with the latest messeger, i think.
    have broadband, 2 pc's connecti to the router (d-link 504).

hope someone can help,

Thanks
    Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

check the box and failing that the website for the Dlink 504. When it first came out it did NOT support what your trying to do. There might be a firmware upgrade by now!

edit: a 2 second google search tells me you need firmware rev 14uk so go download it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ok thanks for that, must not have googled it right.

is updating firmware not a bit risky? think i read that somewhere on the net

thanks,

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It can in fact fry the unit if it goes wrong.. so just make sure you dont have any crap that can mess it up.. i think its a windows firmware update so turn off ALL background apps like antivirus and stuff...
    If you want peace of mind, mail dlink and ask them about it... suggest a firmware update and if they say yes that will fix it then you are covered since they TOLD you to do it. its very rare for a firmware/bios update to go FUBAR though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

must send them an e-mail,

thanks again

jozi

Advertisement