Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions about minidisc

Options
  • 26-02-2004 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, Can someone please help me with the following

I was thinking of buying a Sharp Recordable Minidisc player Model MDMT280
    It has an optical cable thingy

Questions are:

Would I be able to record from computer to this

and Would I be able to record gigs from a sound desk onto minidisc using this model.

Any help much appreciated

Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I have a Sony recordable md, presume it's practically the same thing...

For the PC to MD records, I picked up a usb optical adaptor from the sony centre. It's quite simply a little box that plugs into a free usb port and gives you an optical output which you can plug the md into. I used to fire up winamp, set the md to record and leave the whole thing going.

sound desk to md shouldnt be a problem. Just connect a line out on the sound desk to the line in on the md and press record. A friend of mine has recorded practically all his gigs onto md the exact same way.

Just to clear things up about the PC > MD. You dont actually need the usb optical thing to record from pc. In the same way as sound desk to md, you can connect a line out / speaker jack from your pc's sound card to the line in on your md and record away.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Handrick

Thanks for that.
    I shall now be the proud owner of a minidisc. Bout time I suppose!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

any of the sony minidiscs from the MZN-510 upwards (€190) come with a usb link and software, meaning u dontr need to use the optical. Songs take bout 10 r 20 seconds each to transfer to the md as opposed to using the optical lead which is real time ( 4 min song takes 4 mins)

Advertisement