Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver File Locking Problem

Options
  • 26-02-2004 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I just recently upgraded to Dreamweaver MX 2004 and it was all working fine for about a month or so. That was until yesterday, where I have come across a rather frustrating problem. It seems that Dreamweaver is locking certain files on the local fileserver, and I can't open them in Dreamweaver.

I get the following error when I try to open a locked file in Dreamweaver: "A sharing violation occurred while accessing [path to file]." I asked one of the guys here and he said it was a known problem so I searched around in Google, and I haven't found a lot to tell you the truth. Any mention of the locking problem seems to have been met with a dull echo!

The problem is, I can't seem to find any way to unlock these files. A restart for my machine won't solve it, and I'm the only person in the office using Dreamweaver. I have fired an email off to Macromedia, but I wonder how useful that will be.

Anyone ever come across this problem?

Just for reference, I'm using Windows XP Pro and the fileserver is a Win2k box.

Comments

Advertisement