Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Album

• 26-02-2004 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard it yet? A DJ Dangermouse remix of The Beatles White Album and Jay-Z's Black Album.. its actually rather good .. and has become the centre of a new sampling/copyright issue ...

http://www.greytuesday.org/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Yeah, the Beatles (or their 'people') weren't happy about it at all...you can't buy it anymore as far as i know, kazaa it is so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Grabbed this on slsk last night, I'm not a Jay-Z fan but its listenable.

(tbh i'm not a beatles fan either so the fact that i dont hate it must say something about it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

it's pretty good, I'm listening to it right now.

Catch a fire has it on soulseek, he is almost always on and he has a t3 line,so he is good for getting stuff off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

http://www.jayzconstructionset.com/

a DIY remix kit
    The Jay-Z Construction Set is a toolkit with all of the necessary software and raw materials to create a new remix of Jay-Z's Black Album. It includes nine different variations on the Black Album, over 1200 clip art images, and a couple hundred meg of classic samples and breaks. Jay-Z Construction Set is being distributed off-line via CD-ROM and on-line through filesharing networks and protocols such as BitTorrent.

{edit} the bittorrent seems to be down, well.. I cant connect to the tracker anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Kali
    Anyone heard it yet?

Uh huh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kurbz

bah the album is ok, wot u expect like, its JayZ over the Beatles, kinda self explainitary.

The Black & Tan album is more up my street, some real nice nice beats...

[ Artist ] : Jay-Z Vs. Illmind
    [ Title ] : The Black and Tan Album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by Kali
    Anyone heard it yet? A DJ Dangermouse remix of The Beatles White Album and Jay-Z's Black Album.. its actually rather good .. and has become the centre of a new sampling/copyright issue ...

http://www.greytuesday.org/

Haven't heard it myself yet, but I posted this over on the rock/metal section a couple of weeks ago.

Metallica And Jay-Z

...remind me never to go to the Rock/Metal section again...ever...

Originally posted by Klimseven
    ...remind me never to go to the Rock/Metal section again...ever...

Oh oh! Looks like someone didn't like what they heard over there in that foreign section!! :p

I don't dislike rock/metal (the Pixies are one of my favourite bands ever...but that's indie $hit I suppose)...it's rock/metal followers that get on my nerves...that's wierd, the word 'pretentious' is hovering above my tongue...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Klimseven
    I don't dislike rock/metal (the Pixies are one of my favourite bands ever...but that's indie $hit I suppose)...it's rock/metal followers that get on my nerves...that's wierd, the word 'pretentious' is hovering above my tongue...

Well, I suppose, there's always gonna be a certain amount of animosity from people who enjoy one type of music against those who like a different type. Mods and Rockers, Punk and Metal, Chas and Dave, etc :)

I've just realised that all this has nothing to do with Jay-Z :rolleyes:

Sorry to stray off topic!

yeah but Mods piss all over rockers, and Chas would seriously phuk Dave up, if he had the oppurtunity :D

Advertisement