Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your most annoying pc mod

Options
  • 26-02-2004 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Tried to fit in a purple neon light on my pc , the case cheiftec dragon, tired to fit it in support slot but it wouldnt fit so i tried to push it in, needless to say i heard a crack and took it out and had one broken neon:D 25euros down the drain, and some bandages bacause it cut my hand :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Removing a HS which I had placed in the wrong way around:o I used a broken screwdriver to press on the HS catch.....the screwdriver came loose and went through the MB:o :o. From then on I have always checked that any screwdriver I pick up has has a flat top and not like this -> \ :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

everyone knows this cause ive posted a few times about it, my most annying mod is that i cant atually mod.

I have 2 fans i want to replace in my rig, thing is there a very peculiar size 90 MM, cant find 90 mm fans for love nor money either in comp shops or the net

Damn thermaltake lol

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

O christ,thanks for bringing up bad memories,installing one of those window side panals from mapling is a fookin nightmare,it goddam ripped my fingers to shreads,and they were sore for 2 days after,never again.shinzon i got a thermaltake 90mm fan in maplins a good while ago but died 2 days later.:dunno: pos

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

90mm Fans: http://www.xoxide.com/92mmfans.html

Most annoying mod Ive done was when stealthing a cd rom, i just couldnt get the opening mech to work once stealthed.
    Top drive worked perfect but second just never got the concept of opening once destroyed:
    comp1.jpg
    comp4.jpg

Also when putting a hole in the 2silver covers below the stealths I couldnt get the circle right so it just looks crappy now. note pics are before Fan hole in front[IMG][/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not a mod but just trying to remove the molex connector from my radeon, it hurts my fingers like a bitch and i'm sure i was gonna mess up the card, took me a while to realise you can just pull it it with the small cable attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

bloody hell ive been looking for them everywhere

thx a million

finally

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

You weren't looking for 90mm were you? 92mm is actually a standard size so you should be able to get most fans in that size. Tho its not as popular as 80mm and 120mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

ks wif ncls we'a hd ets lq az lflf pjd f;g rgw nss kknw. hdne aew.ksferr farsde.

My worst mod was trying to re-arrange my keyboard into alphabetical order. I think I have it sorted out now.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Worst mod ever is still in progress as i am installing my old water cooling in my new LIAN LI PC 73SL, there should be plenty of room, but my radiator is so big i had to buy a smaller one to avoid cutting my expensive case to bits.
    Now i got the new radiator along with a toatl of 180 euro otheer stuff on top of the 300 i paid original for the first kit and i still dont think it fits very well, so my advice is that if u dont know much about modding get a finished kit or stay with air cooling, water cooling can really be a b!tch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

tryin to cut a window hole in a case with a jig saw, the smallest teeth were way too big, took 3 of us to hold the thing down, broke loads of blades, took forever :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

ever used those cheapass, unprotected cathodes they have in maplins? ive broken like.... 2 of them. speared my hand one of those times.

also, they only give you the bare wires to connect to your 12v power source. so you have to stick em into a plug or similar if you are lazy. only, if you connect em the wrong way around, it burns out the inverter. did that to about...3 of em :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Was taking the guts of a P3 out of my case (same as gerire's) putting in my new P4 2.8c. So i decided it was best top change the PSU. unscrewed the old one removed it and put the other sitting in position. I went to bed...

Next morning I woke up and continued on. I was looking for the screws, forgetting myself i decided to check underneath the case. PSU slided down, SMASH. Made shíte of the CCFL at the bottom. I was so angry at myself i wanted to throw a monitor threw the front window.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Was taking the guts of a P3 out of my case (same as gerire's) putting in my new P4 2.8c. So i decided it was best top change the PSU. unscrewed the old one removed it and put the other sitting in position. I went to bed...

Next morning I woke up and continued on. I was looking for the screws, forgetting myself i decided to check underneath the case. PSU slided down, SMASH. Made shíte of the CCFL at the bottom. I was so angry at myself i wanted to throw a monitor threw the front window.:D

CCFL?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Most annoying mod was for a friend.
    Watercooled my system. Ran cold and quiet.

He wanted same so spent a week getting radiator from scrapyard, pump from petshop, tubing from B&Q etc.....

Got it installed and running and his crappy Gf4 vid card was the noisest thing in it.

Would he get a gpu water block? Would he fook!

He ripped the whole lot out and sold to someone else.

Advertisement