Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats your biggest WWE pet hate

• 26-02-2004 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

if you could pick one thing you could make WWE stop doing what would you pick. (im talking about small things here, no stop putting HHH over)

for me it would have to be the invisible camera's backstage(i mean cameras the wrestlers talk into but aparently cant see).

an example of this would be when the guerrero's were setting up a fued with chris benoit about a year ago. chavo comes up to benoit backstage holding his head, saying kurt angle beat him up. he directs benoit to a door saying angle is inside. benoit enters, and chavo holds the door shut grinning to himself, a bit of bashing noise later, and eddie emerges after aparently kicking the crap outta benoit. the next week benoit is in the ring sayin if he ever finds out who did it to him..................WATCH THE ****IN TAPE FROM LAST WEEK. it really pisses me off.

so whats urs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

That's one of mine too. Like when Dawn Marie told Torrie she didn't really love Al, he still never found out. If he had just sat down and watched television he'd still be with us now :(

Like when Blind Nidia was being abused by Noble, in the 4 weeks that it occurred, not one of her fellow wrestlers, friends or relations told her what was going on, despite it airing on national television.

The other thing that annoys me is crappy referees not seeing certain tags, but allowing others; always turning their back to attend to people outside the ring who aren't involved in the match so that some interference can occur; not hearing chair shots; seeing a chair in the ring and not questioning it (unless it's in an Eddie match); they're portrayed as the stupidest people on television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Exit
    The other thing that annoys me is crappy referees not seeing certain tags, but allowing others; always turning their back to attend to people outside the ring who aren't involved in the match so that some interference can occur; not hearing chair shots; seeing a chair in the ring and not questioning it (unless it's in an Eddie match); they're portrayed as the stupidest people on television.

the thing with the referee's is definitely my gf's biggest pet hate. she always points it out to me. it gets to the stage where u just let stuff like that go. but like u pointed out with the nidia thing, it verges on ridiculous sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The in your face Pro americana bullsh*t!
    Pisses me off!:mad:

I knw its an American show (even tho its called World Wrestling Entertainment) still annoys me!

Other than that the camera can be annoying backstage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Sorry, but I love (yes... LOVE) the pro americana bull sh1t.

I hate how personal Vince gets. The right to censor were a complete rip off of that parent agency that tried to stop WWE in America. They were so boring. Them taking the belts off the Hardyz after the Hardyz EARNED(something you dont see that much anymore, earning a title that is, with obvious exceptions... Eddie) the titles in that amazing cage match agenst E and C at Unforgiven 2001.

Now we have the same with La Ressistance. Vince taking his anger out on the French for not taking part in the war. Its too personal and gets in the way of good stars(no... no matter what anyone says Dupree has NO tallent, unless you count the little french **** dance of death)

I hate it

HAnza

• Advertisement

ya no i never saw the connection between RTC and the parental guidance federation (or whatever their called) but now that u mention it, they are dam similar, and i hated them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Micheal Cole and Tazz. The worst commentry team in history. Everything Tazz says you can be sure the opposite is going to happen. And Cole's voice pisses me off, he's such a little geek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

No way!! NO BLOODY WAY! Cole and Tazz are limited on what they can say on US Television. Get Global Warning tour, you'll change yer mind in minutes!

You want bad announcing? Get Wrestlefest 88! Sean Mooney, Lord Alfred Hayes and Superstar Billy Graham. I'll quote Scott Keith "which is as much of an announcing car crash you can get without adding Vince McMahon in there!"

Nero

Ok maybe not the worst ever but compared J.R and Lawler, they are useless. I say get The Coach and Regal in to do the commentry.

Man you can't say that Tazz & Cole are worse than JR!!!
    "Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!" Blah Blah Blah!

When the camera is on him he looks like he's being dubbed!

• Advertisement

J.R is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Michael Cole :mad:

i hate his voice and his fondness of getting over excited about people. i dont like the look of him either. it would be nice to see Heyman announce again but that's wishful thinking

Originally posted by Gilly2003
    When the camera is on him he looks like he's being dubbed!

:D:D:D i should be ashamed of myself

Couldnt resist!:D :ninja:

I think Regal would be great on the mic, it's great having a heel in the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I gotta say that I also found Angle's pro-war america speech a little sickening and a ****ty way to get cheers from the crowd.
    As for pet hates though.......
    It really bugs me that when they are recapping what happened at the ppv they do that thing with the photographs instead of just showing us a few seconds of the clip!
    Also the pre-recorded michael cole spiel about upcoming ppv details or tour to the uk.

Um. William Regal?
    You bloody Toe Rag! hes a bloody sh*tehawk!
    I nearly pissed myself laughin when King repeated that in his Memphis drawl!

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    I gotta say that I also found Angle's pro-war america speech a little sickening and a ****ty way to get cheers from the crowd.
    As for pet hates though.......
    It really bugs me that when they are recapping what happened at the ppv they do that thing with the photographs instead of just showing us a few seconds of the clip!
    Also the pre-recorded michael cole spiel about upcoming ppv details or tour to the uk.

JR is worse! When he's announcing the Tours of Britain. Reads it very slowly from a page!

• Advertisement

Tazzs doubleantrandres are excellent. Cole needs a bit of a kick IMO, how many time has he said "Title on th line". No joke 16 times during 1 match at Vengence 2003. Tazz saves him. Nice to see a comentator since Joey Styles (best commentator of modern times) that know more then 4 wrestling moves...

JR, never liked the guy. Below are list of his expressions accompinied by a picture...

:dunno: happy

:dunno: sad

:dunno: angry

:dunno: confused

:dunno: homosexual

:dunno: jerry touching his ass

:dunno: "STONE COLD... STONE COLD..."

Hanza

:dunno:

OMG :D:D:D

I want that spot!:mad:
    Those cushions are supposed to be heated and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

You're going to hell for that one, and because i pissed myself laughing at it. I'm going with ya.

Seriously, Al Snow and Coach were terrible, i try and avoid heat whenever i can!
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I hate just after something happens they show a "moments ago" clip, IT WAS TWO F*CKING MINS AGO, it just annoys me everytime.

The one thing that pisses me off is the breaks during the main events.
    Especially on SD. Really annoying!

as has been said before, the thing with the stills on a ppv recap. it just comes across as so scabby that they wont show a 10 sec clip of what (most of the time) isnt even a main event.

im surprised that the commentators is so high on peoples annoyance list. i mean (this is just out of interest btw im not being smart) would you rather better commentators and going back to the time when every match on a tv show was a named wrestler against a jobber except for the main event. i thank god they stopped doing that.

is there seriously nothing else that niggles people?

• Advertisement

Satan is currently holding a place by his right side for Hanza with extra comfy cushions too!

You mean Im holding a spot for Satan at my side...

Thats exactly why they call me the Heretic.... :D

Hanza

actually i just thought of another one

"this match is scheduled for one fall" - of course it is u ****ing tit, every match is scheduled for one fall, if its not ,we will already know about it, trust me............ i really wish they would stop saying it before every single match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I think it's just a tradition as back in the old days all matches were 2/3 falls, I believe.

Advertisement