Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is going into the Fitzwilliam tonight?

Options
  • 26-02-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

I am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I am but at 6.30pm, hope fully I can win a seat with you big boys :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

One thing to consider is the single table qualifiers - They only managed one last month but they represent better odds really. It's worth playing the 6.30 qualifier and trying not to spend any money then taking chances and if you bust out going into the single table one as opposed to hanging on like me until 9 and going out with no more single table tourneys to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'll be there for the €250, it'll be hard to beat last month's excitement but I'll give it a bash. I agree about the single table qualifier. I was watching it last month. I think it is about €30 to enter with one ticket to win. The blinds were flying up, it was over in about 25 mins - great to watch. It represents good value especially as the satillite tonight is €15 for re-buys. Best of luck tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

good luck to all you guys playing in the big money game tonight

word up to my two home boys Dr. Dodger and Davey Devil... make [TN] proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

So don't keep us all in suspense ... what were the results? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Myself and MrP went to the free entry before the big game. €15 buy-in, blind rising like crazy, it quickly became a crapshoot after the freezeout. All-ins every hand by someone at the table, I got one or two good hands, one or two unlucky hands, poor me :(
    I think in future I'm going to avoid the Fitz free entry on the last thursday, its far too random, I can't remember much good poker being played last night at all.

Dunno how Dev and the rest of the lads got on?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

35th our of 84 at the big game.... considering that it only hit me last night that I've been playing Hold 'Em for just 8 weeks now, to win a seat and get that far was some consolation for the bad run of luck that put me out. God I love this game!!though...

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I was knocked out in 47th place I think but look at this way. You go all-in with A10 and you get called by a pair of 3s. The flop brings 2 more of those pesky 3s. As you get up to leave the table and wish the others luck the player who knocked you out shakes your hand and says "Goog game".
    Yep it certainly qualifies as a dubious honour being knocked out by Noel Furlong.

Advertisement