Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Recon Mods And Patches

Options
  • 26-02-2004 3:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What are the BEST mods and patches to get for this Excellent game???

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

whats the story??? no1 playing ghost recon on PC or what!???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Its a great game, but I cant patch it to install mods for it, so, bleh :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Can you get a patch that makes it a good game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

On the PC its a decent game but the super accurate AI is a pain in the butt.

Adds to the challenge Ricardo, the game wouldnt have the same playability if you got away with making mistakes, the whole point really is killing them before they get a shot off. The fact you die as fast as the enemy is most of the fun in the game in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Adds to the challenge Ricardo, the game wouldnt have the same playability if you got away with making mistakes, the whole point really is killing them before they get a shot off. The fact you die as fast as the enemy is most of the fun in the game in my opinion.

The problem is that the AI often picks you off with a single sanp shot from about 800m away with an uzi whereas you can barely see them with a sniper rifle. They fire at you before they can see, with uncanny accuracy and response times. Its just unrealistic which ruins it a bit.

Learn to keep your head down and you will get along fine, I managed to finish campaign on hardest with only losing 1 man the whole campaign :)

Caution is vital.

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Learn to keep your head down and you will get along fine, I managed to finish campaign on hardest with only losing 1 man the whole campaign :)

Caution is vital.

I finished the games and the expansions a few times but the AI isn't as good as in believeable as it is in operation flashpoint. Still its not a bad game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

My nephew picked this game out today from my games.. was wonderin if its any use online?? many people still play it?

I last played it about a year ago on-line, and it was excellent, was usually about 100 or so servers for it, there should still be enough servers for a game, Id play it on-line if only I had the registry entries :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What yea mean by registery entries?

My Ghost Recon got broke yonks ago (be near a year now) so I downloaded it (actually legal because I owned it, still have the box + manual), and when you try to install a patch it says it isnt installed because it cant detect registry entries, and silly ubi updates dont let you select a folder at all.

If you want to see your registry entries go into windows, run 'regedit' and their all in there, dont go in there unless you know what your doing there, can easily bugger up your whole windows install if you dont know what your doing.

Basically its not installed properly if the registry enteries are incomplete. Same thing can happen to any application.

Advertisement