Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowness of Vodafone site

Options
  • 26-02-2004 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having major trouble accessing the vodafone website every afternoon???
    It takes ages and its massively slow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye the past two weeks its become incredibly slow at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The new free 300 webtexts a month probably have something to do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

ya but still surely a company like that should have a site capable of handling it
    Its a joke at times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it's been really bad since before Christmas, was discussed in a few posts in this thread last month...

also, just because a company has a massive marketing budget doesn't necessarily mean it is really as incredible as its message (attempts) to portray ;)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by DubWireless
    also, just because a company has a massive marketing budget doesn't necessarily mean it is really as incredible as its message (attempts) to portray ;)

Lets blindingly support O2 and ignore their incredibly poor website too huh ;)

• Advertisement

i've never blindingly supported anything :)

although as you mention the competition's web site - i had more success getting my billing info from the O2 and Meteor sites for the last few weeks than I have on Vodafone's (due to service errors or extended delays in pages loading)

a website with slow responses / timeouts could easily be rewarded an "incredibly poor" mark too...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am not disputing that it is slow. Your statement was very biased and I felt the need to correct that.
    ust because a company has a massive marketing budget doesn't necessarily mean it is really as incredible as its message (attempts) to portray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Been very slow for me the past 2 days or so...

I don't think its because everyone is rushing up to use the free text messages. I don't think it would have generated that level of interest...although i have been using it and i expect about 15euro to come off my bill.

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Your statement was very biased and I felt the need to correct that.

it was? definition of biased - favouring one person or side over another

i commented on being wary of a marketing image when making assumptions about a company - which you can pretty much apply to any company - i certainly didn't mention or make a comment that could have been of benefit to any other

anyhow - this has gone off topic so probably best to close it

BrianG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement