Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplins Open in Galway on Saturday 2802

• 26-02-2004 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Only their second Irish store.

A special offer on the day is the Oxymoronically named 7 Inch Widescreen TV for only €244 :)

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Muck
    Maplins Open in Galway on Saturday 2802
    Cool.... just 798 years to wait, so.... :D

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭jmcc

Only their second Irish store.

A special offer on the day is the Oxymoronically named 7 Inch Widescreen TV for only €244 :)
    Galway - land of the little people and TnaG. :) Must be this new targeted advertising that I've been hearing about.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by jmcc
    Galway - land of the little people and TnaG. :) Must be this new targeted advertising that I've been hearing about.

TG4 has been with us for about 4 years by now, how new exactly is that 'targeted advertising' or didya say ?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

its their 3rd store in ireland blanch and jervis st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Apparently Radeon 9200s going for €35 on Monday or Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Really? Where'd you hear / see that? I bought a excalibur radeon 9200 se about 2 weeks ago in pc world (i was desperate) for 54.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Razers Edge

I see that "game" computer game store is also opening in Galway on Eglington street beside the sony centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭jmcc

TG4 has been with us for about 4 years by now, how new exactly is that 'targeted advertising' or didya say ?

Nah it is probably aimed at all those cultural artifacts such as Leprechauns, pucas etc hence "the little people". As for the targeted advertising and the opening date, perhaps this is some kind of temporal thing. Maybe Galway will be the new capital of Ireland and Maplin are planning ahead. Though by that time, the people in Galway may have shrunk to such a size that they only require 7 inch televisions. Isn't miniaturisation wonderful? :)

Regards...jmcc

Is maplins open sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

ya from 10 till 6 i think, also the first 40 people on saterday get a discount of somekind or some crap like that! not really sure bout the discount, their expecting a big cue on saterday morning should be good to see how many people show up: ) hopefull the wee people of galway dont mess up the store

• Advertisement

Hmmm. Overtime saturday, spend it on sunday then. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Anyone have any more information about the offer on 9200s for €35

are there going to be limited amounts? cos i'd be interested in that but by the time i drive to galway (from tipp) i'd want to be sure that they wouldn't all be sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

i havent a clue of how many of them we have in stock! but you can ring the store and find out.

Originally posted by ARGINITE
    i havent a clue of how many of them we have in stock !

Have we counted them yet? /me is getting hungry .

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by savemejebus
    Anyone have any more information about the offer on 9200s for €35

are there going to be limited amounts? cos i'd be interested in that but by the time i drive to galway (from tipp) i'd want to be sure that they wouldn't all be sold out

You'd drive from tipp tos ave €20 on a graphics card?
    Surely the price of tuel and time wasted would cancle that out?
    And I'm not even sure if the €35 thing is right or not.
    I was hoping Arginite could confirm :)

Can you buy online from maplins in ireland, or do you need to go through their .co.uk site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

You'd drive from tipp to save €20 on a graphics card?
    Surely the price of fuel and time wasted would cancel that out?

well i figured i could go searching for leprechauns at the same time:D

seriously though, i havent seen a 9200 for €55 anywhere, €89 is the cheapest store price near me and thats more expensive than a 9600se from komplett, confussed is me but thats a topic for another thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Where is Galway Maplins situated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

The new Wellark retail park,the place with the big windows at the front opposite the huntsman inn on the dublin road.

it was manic in there today as I slowly drove past !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

it was manic in there today as I slowly drove past !
    I decided to take a nice long walk there. It was jammed full of confused looking people and the good ould Galway Bay FM "roadcaster" was there, churning out tripe.

Purchase wise, I had me some 90 min CDRs at the insane price of 20 quid for 10 (I needed them, badly), 100 CDRs for 30 quid and some RJ45 heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I went over there hoping for some nice powerfull heatsinks, but they only had bog standard, not to mention madly over-priced, junk. And nearly 200 yoyos for a stick of PC2700 512!!! Get fecked tbh!

Feck all graphics cards too...

While I do beleive it's a good thing that there's finally somewhere in Galway that do components, maplins suck.

Advertisement