Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL

Options
  • 05-02-2004 10:47am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

can I ask a question?

If I wished to teach english in france at some date in the future
    where could I get that done and what would it entail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    can I ask a question?

There is some good information (not France specific, but on Teaching English as a Foreign Language/TEFL) here

DSE run TEFL courses in Dublin, and there are other institutions around the country. They've even nicked a bit from boards with their " ... now you're talking!" slogan on the webpage ;)

Check out TEFL Training Institute of Ireland for some information too.

Dunno if any of that helps ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

thanks a million buffy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

can I ask a question?

My sister is currently working in Turin teaching English in a school for a big multinational.
    She did the tefl course a while ago and kept an eye on the tefl website for jobs and so on.
    She had her heart set on Italy and had a few friends overthere around Venice.

I'm not sure if it was the multinational or the tefl people, but she's got a pretty sweet deal. She has her own apartment, paid for and electricity paid for, lives just beside the school and there's loads of other teachers from England, Canadia and elsewhere. And apparently the weather and food and everything is great. lucky bitch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nice one!

well, I've sent them off a mail, so we'll see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

thanks a million buffy!! :)

You're welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Thread split off from the options thread to decrease confusion and encourage discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Is there a way of getting a tefl cert without a degree? I only have a national dip (hopefully in two years ill have a degree)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes,
    U dont need a degree to get a tefl cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Yes,
    U dont need a degree to get a tefl cert

Indeed, but you'll find a lot of school will only hire people with a degree.

AND, I know this from experience, most want female teachers.

Their order of priority seems to be US then UK then Canada and then Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement