Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get my pocket pc?

Options
  • 26-02-2004 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey, im in the market to buy a pocket pc. I dont know anything about the bloody things except what the specs mean.

I was offering a trade for an Athlon fully built and ready to go to anyone that wanted to swap for a pocketpc (got some responce, but the pdas and pocket pcs wernt up to scratch at all)

So i decided to knock the nail on the head and ask in work for some prices. When i got a price for a "sony - clie palm os 5" which is pritty vague, but the price is appealing. Does anyone know any specs on this ppc? its around the 200 mark if thats anyhelp, becasue from the clie site it got a little more detailed with GSX5 and all this lark.

If anyone can recommend a good pocket pc that has wifi and (preferably bluetooth) please url me.

Cheers

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

also is the ipaq h1930 any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - Clie's run the Palm OS and there are many versions of the Clie - so you'd need to check it's spec carefully

you'd want to be sure which OS you were interested in too - Microsoft's Pocket PC OS based devices or Palm OS based devices (like the Clie)

as your mention the Pocket PC more:

have you looked at the Dell Axim Handhelds (Pocket PC) check dell.ie - good prices and decent devices

the iPAQ 1930 is a nice entry level Pocket PC but no integrated Bluetooth or WiFi, the 1940 would integrate Bluetooth (you can get SDIO cards to add these wireless capabilities to the device though form the likes of Socket) - alternatively the likes of the iPAQ 4150 would integrated both WiFi and Bluetooth - full specs on the HP site, and check prices on-line (before thinking of purchasing in a shop in Ireland)

if you are looking at others make sure to check if the Pocket PCs are SDIO compatible (in that they can take SD peripheral cards, not just memory, if you wanted to add the likes of Bluetooth or WiFi to a device that didn't have it integrated)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

excellent :)

I seem to hear only good things when it comes to ipaq, possibly a first considering compaq generally make shabby products!

Cheers

reD.

Advertisement