Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mike got spiked needs YOU!

Options
  • 26-02-2004 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

'mike got spiked' will be performing their unique brand of rock mayhem in the Temple Bar Music Centre on Friday 12th March with the always excellent 'Primed' and 'Eyesclosed'

now, if this line-up isn't already enough to make you drop whatever (or whom-ever) you're doing and rush to the TBMC there's also the fact that this gig will be professionally recorded on audio and video for promotional purposes.

the finished product will appear on the net, on an mgs cd rom and will likely appear on tv too.

so........ we've got the lights, the cameras, (plenty of action), film crew, sound crew, roadies, riggers, liggers, engineers and techs. all we need to complete the team for this monumentous occasion is YOU!

as we're the first band on we will need everyone to be there for doors opening at 7.30 (after all, what good is a live video with no audience?)

admission is €10 or €8 with a flyer (which can be obtained from www.primeddublin.com or www.gigsmartireland.com/forum )

hope to see you there,

cheers,
    Conall
    mike got spiked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 alco-dude

photos4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I think the technical term for what you are looking for is "seat fillers", and they don't usually have to pay for their tickets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alco-boy

well, unfortunately we're not the ones running the gig so we have no say in how much or how little one should pay in, plus, rather than 'seat-fillers' we'd like people to stand!

anyway, it's not like we want just anyone off the street to sit and plaster a fake smile on their face while we repeatedly mime to a backing track... this is a ROCK GIG... if you like rock gigs then come along as I'm confident that the bands playing are about the best you'll see for such a small admission fee (even if I DO say so myself)

so... maybe I'll see you there, or there again, maybe not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

This gig will be fantastic, guaranteed! :cool:

hey hey! it's tonight folks... and this is one show not to be missed... but don't just take my word for it... check out p16 in today's Examiner (fri 12th)

cheers buds:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

MGS were kick ass!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 OctaviaDies

Indeed they were! Cant wait to see the video for their single.

cheers buds... the whle night was a great success, a big thanks to everyone who came along and also a big thanks to Primed, Eyesclosed, Bren, Tom, Sean, Francesco, Mattie, Hugh, Aoife, Anto, Aiden (and other members of the film crew whose names escape me at the moment)

we couldn't have done it without you.

:D

Advertisement