Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eminem's "New" Album

• 26-02-2004 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

What I mean by "new" is the songs that are leaked.

Anyone else heard them yet?
    A friend of mine gave me them last week and well...there brutal. Some random ramblings about Canibus and I think Benzino and Jah.

What I really wanted to know, besides has anyone heard these tracks, is what people think about Eminem these days?

I think he was damn good on the Slim Shady LP, and to a lesser extent Infinite but ever since then hes slipped (and from what I've heard is still slipping)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

He's a great battle emcee, but extremely overrated at times by people who know little or nothing about far more skilled (and mostly unknown) emcees. Haven't heard the new stuff but I can imagine what it's like, obligatory Benzino diss, obligatory Ja Rule diss...etc etc. I really wish he'd quit phukin beefin with everybody and concentrate on saying something and making mature hip hop music. I'm tired of him now, hopefully he can prove me wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The last album, The Eminem Show I think it's called, was poor. Slim Shady LP was good, it was fresh and brought a slightly different slant to the genre. Marshal Mathers LP I didn't really like at all. It had one or two good tracks but that was it. The Eminem Show, well I haven't liked one song I've heard from it yet.
    Tbh I couldn't care less about his next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129839&highlight=eminem

months late man...

Eminem is class. Marshall Mathers Lp was his best one in my opinion. He's at his best pissed off and aggressive. Having said that, Eminem show was still a brilliant one with some top songs...

All you guys can keep saying, people who like Eminem are faders and dont like real hip hop like grandmaster flash, a tribe called quest etc...but ffs i dont like old skool. Leave me alone. Dont hate me cos i love Eminem and 50 Cent. Their music means a lot to me. And i respect it. Dont diss me cos of it. And i dont like bone thugs and harmony either...ive heard all there is to hear. I know what i want to hear...dont ****ing hate me for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

easy there Ronaldo, no-one mentioned you anywhere in this thread, stop trying to start a flamewar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone know where i can catch a copy of infinite? I heard he was on some nas ****

• Advertisement

Originally posted by echomadman
    easy there Ronaldo, no-one mentioned you anywhere in this thread, stop trying to start a flamewar.

Eh im serious...Thats to prevent a flamewar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Heh, don't flatter yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I gotta agree with Ronaldo here lads.
    You always seem to be puttin eminem, 50 etc down.
    Thats fine coz its your opinion.
    However i don't bother posting anything on this board for fear of being slated by you guys for my taste and my like of em, 50, obie etc.

But what do i know.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

@Kold,
    Best chance is to get it by methods..we're not allowed mention here.
    I searched on Amazon and only found it on vinyl.
    I heard he was on some nas ****
    Yeah, reminds me of A Tribe Called Quest alot as well. It's a decent enough album.

Kold if you really want it, pm me your address and ill send you it.

EDIT: My new signature is gonna be "But what do i know....." YAY for me!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

hey just heard the "leaked" songs and no my god!!!!!

Let me tell u something!! if "hit em up" by 2 pac was the best gansta dis rap!!! well the the award for funnest dip rap goes to eminem for Can-A-Bitch i mean it is F***kin brilliant and anyone who say otherwise i think hasnt listen to it enough!!

the others are good as well We as americans is a very good potically charged song which really needs thinkin about!! the now famous line by em where he says the president dead is in it and is well placed!!

the other new one was about kim and i say it is well placed on this new album cause there off and on relationship looks to be on again!!!

anyone anything to say

philip:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

mmm, won't disagree that he's not still a great writer for rap songs it's just, I feel maybe he shouldn't be doing those songs because it doesn't suit his voice.

In my opinon, Eminem was at his best when he was a skinny white boy rapping about doing your mom, taking shrooms and kicking you in the balls not talking about how he was a hardman (which he has lapsed into) and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

He's evolving and I won't diss him until I think he's actually dire... I just want to see where he's going. If he was still the skinny crackhead writing bizarre lines you'd be talking bout him sounding the same. I think he's a fantastic lyricist and apart from the eminem show and that god-awful concert in punchestown, most of his music is magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by Kold
    that god-awful concert in punchestown

You were too so :rolleyes: ... I've never been so p!ssed off standing around waiting before & what was even worse was spending 2 hours trying to get out of the car park :mad:

As far as his ability as a emcee & lyricist goes, its his shockability factor that has kept me listening!

Advertisement