Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ati mobility 9000 64ddr dedicated,,, Any good??

• 26-02-2004 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Im looking around at some laptops, as im seeking to buy 1.

Can anyone tell me how good/bad an ATi radeon 64ddr dedicated card is/isnt?
    What shud i expext fro mthis card, will it play games that need T+L like Nolf2, Call of duty, Max Payne2, ect....

Is this the card below the 9600 or was there something inbetween. (Was there a 9200, i thought i saw that somewhere.)

Also, is the Ati9000 the equivilant of an Nvidia Fx5200 mobility card?

Much thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have this card in an Advent laptop, it's coupled with a 3.06 Ghz P4 and 512mb of Ram.

As a whole the card is quite powerful, certainly beats the Geforce 5200FX series handset down... I pulled a score of about 13,000 in Aquamark. I play C&C Generals and Halo at respectable framerates.. The chipset has been surpassed by the 9600 and the up and coming 9700. The 9700 mobilily is only slightly behind the Desktop version of the 9600XT.

Advertisement