Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So what are you driving?

Options
  • 26-02-2004 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Thought about asking this question a while ago, just wondering what most people on the board drive.

Me, I have a provie A license so im riding around on a 125cc Suzuki Intruder.

http://www.netsoc.dit.ie/~jpv/Pics/BIKE.jpg

Love it too bits. By far the best thing i have ever purchased.

Post pics if u have any :D

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I drive a 1995 White Opel Corsa 1.2L 5-door with standard rims (though I'd like alloys). Done 10k since last August and it's not given any bother yet anyway (touch wood). The one thing I love about it is the Pioneer DEH 7500MP headunit I installed on day of purchase! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

currently driving a 650cc drag star classic. Having owned a 125cc intruder in the past I can agree with you Doodee, theyre the business :D

I reckon my next purchase will be a complete change; I've been looking at a BMW R1150GS with some interest. I may also look at the R1200GS with the same level of interest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I'm currently driving a 1978 Suzuki GS550E. Best way of decribing it is its like a sherman tank with 2 wheels and about as manouverable, but i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

My cars in my sig below.

1.4 3dr focus
    Focus SVT black headlights
    Focus RS indicators
    Ultra rear clusters
    tints
    Zetec spoiler
    17" rims, 205/45 Hankook Ventus
    Lowered 35mm on Eibach springs
    momo gearknob
    sony cd system
    Focus Ghia wiper mod, 406 rear wiper conversion
    k&n panel filter

I've pretty much finished modding the car, I'm happy the way she turned out. Would like a bit more grunt though, I would of bought a 1.6 if my insurance had let me but it wasnt to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Originally posted by ando
    My cars in my sig below.

1.4 3dr focus
    Focus SVT black headlights
    Focus RS indicators
    Ultra rear clusters
    tints
    Zetec spoiler
    17" rims, 205/45 Hankook Ventus
    Lowered 35mm on Eibach springs
    momo gearknob
    sony cd system
    Focus Ghia wiper mod, 406 rear wiper conversion
    k&n panel filter

I've pretty much finished modding the car, I'm happy the way she turned out. Would like a bit more grunt though, I would of bought a 1.6 if my insurance had let me but it wasnt to be

Seen this car last week, very nice, v impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Nice focus man! I used to drive a lovely 93 jap civic with a nice set of 16"s, cd head unit etc. Unfortunatly cos i now work for myself i now drive a 02 VW caddy which irritates me being a van. Its a rocket tho 1.9 TDI and will beat an awful lot of cars off the line! Theres nothing better then pulling up to a muppet in a badly done up car and making a laugh of him in a van!

I do have the best mod i've ever bought tho! Rockford Fosgate MP3 headunit. Reads CDRs and CDRWs with up to 200 MP3s on them, displays filenames etc. Great cos once you get sick of the music you have u just burn a new CD and can pretty much carry your entire music collection in a small cd wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Have a '93 CRX Del Sol, buty looks like I'll be selling soon to get a diesel now that I live down the bog

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have a 96 Honda Civic 1.5 VTi, black, 3 Door Hatch. Some small Mods, exhaust, induction Kit, Ecotek Valve and Sony MDX-MP70 CD/MP3 Player...

Its also for sale, pm me if anyone is interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I have a 03 Hyundai Getz 1.1, they call the colour green bean. It's pretty much the same as it left the showroom. Nice stereo...

Sorry, I'll get me coat! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm driving a 3 door 98 Festy, 1.25 ZetecS, Induction Kit, 15" Rims [Wolfrace VooDoo] & Kenwood MP3 headunit!!
    Originally posted by pclancy
    Reads CDRs and CDRWs with up to 200 MP3s on them, displays filenames etc. Great cos once you get sick of the music you have u just burn a new CD and can pretty much carry your entire music collection in a small cd wallet.

I wholeheartedly agree ... MP3 headunits are the greatest invention ever ... well maybe just in the realm of ice for cars :D!!

All I have to do now is install the rest of my sound system :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I drive a 95 Honda Integra Si

@BrockLanders - whats the Spec on the Del Sol ? is it b16 in light blue ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Im currently driving a Peugeot 406 Coupé. One of Pininfarina's finest hours. Its not very fast or anything but its the car I've always wanted. I have it three years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kink933766

My car is a 1998 1.5 Honda Civic LSI Vtec Saloon - it's a little big - but it's pretty fast..
    ..I haven't had the chance to do any modding yet - as I'm still under warrenty, and since it's a secondhand car I might need it...
    - Oh I did change the headunit to a Clarion Mp3 unit from Argos, it was the best deal available - It's brilliant unit, however now I have to change all the interior lighting to blue/white to match it - won't happen for another 4 months..
    - The car is kept 100% original by it's previous owner, an elderly lady, even the original mats are still there.
    It's on a mix of tyres, on it's original alloys - and it has the Vtec spoiler - quite nice I think.... At the moment it's silver - I think though that I'll get myself a Carbon bonnet - a set of nice black/ black chrome 15 - 17" alloys, adjustables and a Blade kit, and have the whole thing sprayed metalblack...should all be doable for less than 3g....methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

91 Toyota Starlet, with a choke, i like to think of it as my performance enhancer :)

1L power baby haha.

washed 3 times a week and still covered in dust muck etc' my daily route takes me past like ALL the sand quarries in Kildare/Wicklow/Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭kopijack

02 Honda Civic Type R

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

99 Audi A4, some mods done. Pics of it here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Currently: Suzuki SV1000s
    Previously:
    Honda CBR250
    Suzuki RF400
    Suzuki SV650s

and for the wife and kids: Renault Scenic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kink933766

Padraigmyers, that is a very nice looking car you've got there! Nicely done!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Originally posted by kink933766
    Padraigmyers, that is a very nice looking car you've got there! Nicely done!

I'll be selling it in the next few months (before July) if anyone is interested.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by kopijack
    02 Honda Civic Type R

ohhhh, yeah I'd love me one of those.. after the RS Focus ofcourse :D

How do you find the type R for daily driving?

BTW padraig, nice car. Not to heavily modded, looks excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭kopijack

lol focus smokus :p

RS is nice though....apart from the bluey interior, just not my taste really, don't like the standard wheels on it either:cool:

I find the type R for daily driving pretty reasonable for what it is! of course the irish roads are a bit harsh but the suspension does pretty well (the RS did seem to have some problems with everyday roads and keeping the thing on the road:p )

You drive it like you want to really, you can doddle around town or slip onto a twisty road and get more smiles per miles:D

Think the gearbox is excellent once you get used to it....ya can't knock it until ya try it!

I have got a Skunk2 Exhaust system on it and also have Carbon induction Kit but changing it to a AEM V2 induction kit....very soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

1992 BMW 318is coupe.

Exactly the same as this but with an irish number plate :) Cant afford to get some decent wheels for it yet.

325icoope1-400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mercedes 190e 2.0 ltr.

17b36c80.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by padraigmyers
    99 Audi A4, some mods done.

Wow, very nicely done padraigmyers :)

If only all modders would have style :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

drive a 3dr 1.4 Focus (03) only 1500 miles on her, only have it 5 weeks, was a showcar so got a good price on it, but have just standard alloys on it, planning on lowering and but 17's on her in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by LoneGunM@n
    I wholeheartedly agree ... MP3 headunits are the greatest invention ever ... well maybe just in the realm of ice for cars :D!!

I wholeheartedly disagree...MP3 units in the boot with removable 60G hard drives are the best ever. Now all I have to do is buy one for this :

(not actually my car but you get the idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

This is what i'm driving at the mo...

farlzy.JPG

Its a Nissan 100NX 1.6 T-bar roof, i always wanted one when i was younger and i've had this the past 2 years now and loved it, especially in the summer. I'm still at college now being just 22 years old so i'm waiting another year or 2 till i get something real good...i was thinking about getting a celica last summer but i think i'll keep my cents for a new koenigsegg....hahaha....i doubt!

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Farls
    for a new koenigsegg..

[Beavis] Yeah Yeah He He [/Beavis]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Originally posted by byte
    I drive a 1995 White Opel Corsa 1.2L 5-door with standard rims (though I'd like alloys). Done 10k since last August and it's not given any bother yet anyway (touch wood). The one thing I love about it is the Pioneer DEH 7500MP headunit I installed on day of purchase! :D

Yeah, i got that HU for Christmas, goes great with my 12 changer in the boot. One thing I don't like about it is the speed in which it can read MP3's. It would be nice to update the Firmware with some more entertainment movie videos, you know the Dophins and Cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Originally posted by padraigmyers
    99 Audi A4, some mods done. Pics of it here

Booyaka, i want to get a A4 1.6, and turn it into a Rs4 replica, check here www.audizine.com

Advertisement