Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom mofo's!!!Where do I stand???

• 26-02-2004 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

A tad bit pissed off at the mo.. Been naively waiting for my Eircom BB starter pack to arrive in the post, I registered online about 3 days before the free installation/modem offer was up. I get in from work this evening to find a message to ring some guy in Eircom. I ring them and get this 1 on the line giving me a load of jibe about my order not going through. I questioned the point of having an online store if you weren't guaranteed service. She said your never guaranteed service (lol so true) and I was 1 in a million. Wouldn’t give her name, I asked for someone that would give their name and could verify what she just said...puts me on hold for 5 minutes and comes back with a different tale.... now it seems my order wasn't processed in time because there were no ports available on the santry exchange (I've been given different info from someone on the ground) I ask why I wasn't told 2/3 weeks ago..."there was a backlog of orders". I insist that I should still be entitled to the offer as I applied before the date and my line was approved (which it was). She then tells me she can reserve a port on the exchange, It'll be available in 3 months, bb will cost 90 quid for installation.....Eircom F**K OFF.... I know there's feck all I can do really as they have us by the balls but I swear!!! Restraint!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I know eircom did stop taking orders before the free install offer ran out so that may have been why.
    I'd suggest you ring and ask for a supervisor and tell them whats happened (if you get one, they seem to be in a meeting all the time???)
    You could tell them your thinking about going with someone else because of all this. That could help it all be sorted. If it dont just go with someone else. Loads of new offers coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

Cheers, I may just sit tight and wait for the competition to drum out those new offers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

When they tell you they are in a meeting they are not...

I had great pleasure in ringing up one time after about 40-50 earlier calls. I asked for their sales manager, who I was told was out of the office for the entire day.

At that stage I had his direct dial, which on a second line dialled. I had great amusement putting both lines together and watching them try to explain why he was both out of the office for the day and at his desk!

Shower of ****

Advertisement