Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Levski Sofia *has scores*

• 26-02-2004 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

20 mins gone -> 0-0

Liverpool playing ok - Baros is the best liverpool player on the pitch..

Levski Sofia - have had a couple of shots.

<edit> just incase people didnt know - its on channel5 </edit>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

strong penalty appeal just turned down, Baros at the centre of the action. Good to see he's eager to make up for lost time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

HT -> 0-0

Its like watching paint dry... :dunno:

No changes for the second half...

about 70 mins gone -> 2-0 Liverpool (Gerrard, Kewell)

A bit more attacking play by liverpool in the second half...

Sofia doing well .. but not passing the half way line.

FT -> 2- 0 Liverpool

better second half.. but still a bit boring to watch... ah well - we won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont care how we played...2 goals is as good as through I'd say.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

The fans were singing Houllier's name and cheering him when he stood up. Are you Pool fans happy with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

It's better than heckling him and hoping that he dies af AIDS. Whoever graffiti'd that was pure Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

It's better than heckling him and hoping that he dies af AIDS. Whoever graffiti'd that was pure Scum.

No one deserves crap like that, especially the *nicest manager in the premiership.

*doesn't necessarily mean he's the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

We were crap in the first half, we played well in the second half. Thats probably the strongest liverpool team lineup that played tonite, its the lineup I'd like to see play every week so that they can gell together. Great to see Baros back in action, great player, should've been 2nd choice striker since he arrived instead of sitting in the reserves for a season and a half. Was considering not getting the pay per view game with Leeds on sunday, the 2nd half performance has changed my mind tho, we *might* just string some form together if Heskey stays injured :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Originally posted by irish life
    The fans were singing Houllier's name and cheering him when he stood up. Are you Pool fans happy with this?

Delighted. The rubbish over the last few days has been well over the top, and even if Gerard does eventually leave, it should be with dignity and rememberance in the great things he's done for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    No one deserves crap like that, especially the *nicest manager in the premiership.
    *doesn't necessarily mean he's the best

I agree. Ranerii doent deserve that either.
    :)
    X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Much improved performance in the second half. The fact that it took so long to score against crap opposition shows that we still haven't learnt how to attack teams that decide to sit back.

The only way that I will be happy for GH to manage next season is if we finish fourth and put in a damn good UEFA run. At the same time it's counter productive to spend from now until the season ends criticising.

Originally posted by irish life

very fickle aren't they?
    Gerrard ran straight to Gerard when he scored (half the pitch) and hugged him. The players obviously have faith.

Originally posted by uberwolf
    very fickle aren't they?
    Gerrard ran straight to Gerard when he scored (half the pitch) and hugged him. The players obviously have faith.

I don't think there's anything fickle about it. The majority of fans still want Houllier to leave at the end of the season, they were just expressing their sympathy and support for the man after the week he’s had to endure at the hands of the media and one or two braindead scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone think Gerrards goal should have been rules offside, Baros was clearly offside and the ball went through his legs!!

Was he not active then and therfore offside???:confused:

I didn’t notice if Baros was in an offside position or not, but with the rules the way they are at the moment, is anyone ever offside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by super_furry
    I didn’t notice if Baros was in an offside position or not, but with the rules the way they are at the moment, is anyone ever offside?

Oh he definitely was, I atching it on Five and they showed the replays many times, he was clearly offside and standing about 5 yards from goal when the ball went through his legs and into the Goal.

seems a bit strange to sing the name of someone you want to leave...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by uberwolf
    seems a bit strange to sing the name of someone you want to leave...

whatever protesting they do its importent not to protest for the 90 mins you watch your team.

i'm delighted with the result, but if we lose to leeds at the weekend then its back to the fans booing houllier!

Advertisement