Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane 11th Sending Off

• 26-02-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Keane's sending off last night was his 11th for United.It was a sending off i don't care what people think,he was making sure he caught the keeper.

Did you think Keane had changed his ways?

He could miss the next three C.L. games for United.

Do you think he deserves the full ban?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Do you eat Billy Goats?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

hmm. i'd love to say go for the full bannage, but it's funnier leaving him on the pitch being part of the mess called utd atm. he's frustrated already. his playing and losing is funnier to see (not play against!), than he being able to sit in the crowd and bitch.
    Baia did make the most of it tho. and i'd far prefer that kinda ****e is taken out of hte game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Do you ask too many questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

He has changed but that was a lapse imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

ahhh he's a lovely lad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

according to the paper he has been banned for a total 30 games in his career, virtually a full season. Another two out with injuries afaicr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Classic Keane really, he ****s up when it counts the most!!! He wasn't getting his own way so he stands on a player, very professional!!

Hopefully United get to the CL final and he is suspended for it again, would make me so happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My dream of Real beating United in the CL final courtesy of a Beckham hat-trick remains in place... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    My dream of Real beating United in the CL final courtesy of a Beckham hat-trick remains in place... :)

Now that sound like a plan twosheds

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thesecret7

Yeah I would love to see real play utd!! I took great delight on watching the last match at old trafford!!

I reckon Roy knows that this man u team is on the way down as much as any Man utd supporter wants to admit!

Porto only have 10% of the budget of Man utd and it was terrible result. I say give roy a break, I would have done the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

In his dvd, he goes on about the Shearer incident where he took a swipe and got his marching orders... his attitude about that was, if he was going to do it and get sent off for it, why didn't he give a proper dig and knock him out!? (which would have been great). Thinking of that, it makes me think why didn't he completely decapitate the goalie and shatter his shoulder blade whilst landing down on him? A slight sense of hypocrisy I'd say. Keane has been and still is a fantastic player, just the same as he has been and still is a ****ing idiot at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 carl carlson

Did anyone listen to the post match comentry on RTE ? Bill , John and Eamonn were saying Keane was frustrared with his players not trying and playing poorly. IMO Keane had an awful performance, It seemed he wasn't trying and his inability to keep his anger in at the end was pitiful and childish .But the RTE crew were almost praising him for his sending off and his performance. Are we Irish so proud of our so called " best player " that we are unable to criticise him or say it when he plays badely ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by carl carlson
    Are we Irish so proud of our so called " best player " that we are unable to criticise him or say it when he plays badely ?

EH where have you been for the last two Years. Have you considered the possibility that the panel were just expressing their honestly held belief that it was frustration at Uniteds poor performance that led to his stamp,after all its not the first time he has reacted badly in such circumstances.

Advertisement