Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie and Gerry, is it all over now? (sniff!)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse

Is IRA smuggling petrol and ciggarettes really whats stoping the GFA being implmented?

Punishment beatings - need a police force that the community(ALL of NI ) accepts. IRA wont stop policing their own areas until you provide them with an alternative.

As for SF opinnions -- ask them

How much are IRA rackets costing the Irish taxpayer?

Could this money not be used for education or social welfare??

The Sunday Independent have a big story on the Dublin Port story on Sunday.

Groups of thugs beating people up with baseball bats is a solution to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Cork
    How much are IRA rackets costing the Irish taxpayer?

Could this money not be used for education or social welfare??

The Sunday Independent have a big story on the Dublin Port story on Sunday.

Groups of thugs beating people up with baseball bats is a solution to what?

Instead of asking questions Cork why don't you offer some suggestions or even go mad and offer some proof, that would make a nice change!!:rolleyes:

Ed Maloney's book Secret History of the IRA? Maybe.

The Sunday Indo will be running a story on Sunday about IRA racketeering at Dublin Port.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Apparently the Indo is also going to reveal the identities of the 7 men on the Army Council. Most of whom I think we will be familiar with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Johnny 5

Ed Maloney's book Secret History of the IRA? Maybe.

The Sunday Indo will be running a story on Sunday about IRA racketeering at Dublin Port.

My, that's convenient!

• Advertisement

Members of the IRA's army council are indeed named. The army council like the IRA has noy gone away, you know.

Not very surprised with the content of the article.

Except to say Michael Mc Dowell & Bertie were justified with the comments they made.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Cork - I’m confused about your last few posts, are they advertisements for the Sunday Independent, or are they to add to this argument?

“IRA's army council are indeed named”

Who do the Sunday Independent name as the army council, or are you just saying they published the name 'army council'?

“The army council like the IRA has noy gone away, you know.”

One would think if the army council is a part of the IRA, and the IRA has not gone away, the army council would not have gone away. So one would think pointing out that the army council has not gone away is pointless.

“Except to say Michael Mc Dowell & Bertie were justified with the comments they made”

Could you let us in on the secret?

“Not very surprised with the content of the article”

Why not?

“Ed Maloney's book Secret History of the IRA? Maybe”

I think ‘irish1’ asked for proof and not recommended reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by monument

I think ‘irish1’ asked for proof and not recommended reading.

I've given up monument, its quite clear to everyone that Cork is not capable of backing up ANY of his accusations with proof.

Problem is he isn't man enough to admit it!

Proof? Do people have to be cought red handed?

Yesterdays Sunday Indo story backs up both Michael McDowell and An Taoiseach.

Have SF even condemned racketeering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I'm not sure I read the article right yesterday so!!

Did it not just spout the same stuff thats been said on here? If its in a newspaper, does that make it legit? Ive tried to answer all the accusations to the best of my knowledge to date?

Is there anything fresh or new from the article that I missed?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Yesterdays Sunday Indo story backs up both Michael McDowell and An Taoiseach.

Have SF even condemned racketeering?

What did it say, how did it back up "both Michael McDowell and An Taoiseach"?

Typical of you Cork. Why worry about a little thing called proof!! Sure it only gets in the way of a fair and simple hanging!

Let me tell you if the same levels of evidence you are using to accuse SF politicians of all sorts was used in ff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well the whole party would be in jail for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Thats twice.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, follow this link to see my reaction to the first one was.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It does rather help. Sometimes being caught with clean hands and a can of red paint is good enough. Sometimes it isn't.

Its pure propoganda on behalf of the government!! People here can't seriously believe Gerry Adams is hijacking truck loads of ciggarettes, in order to import drugs which he sells to buy arms and fund Sinn Fein's high profile, huge electoral spending!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or anything like the above!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    Its pure propoganda on behalf of the government!! People here can't seriously believe Gerry Adams is hijacking truck loads of ciggarettes, in order to import drugs which he sells to buy arms and fund Sinn Fein's high profile, huge electoral spending!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or anything like the above!!
    Anything like the above? I disagree. How about...

I believe that:
    Gerry Adams is on the "army council" of an on-ceasefire terrorist organisation (the IRA) that runs a cross-border smuggling operation, using personnel from Dublin crime gangs. The crime profits are split up between the crime gangs and the IRA, with a portion of the IRA's money going to Sinn Féin and therefore Sinn Féin's election coffers.

There was enough reports on more than one Sunday newspaper last weekend to suggest this theory could have plenty of truth in it. Nobody's suggesting Adams is donning a balaclava every weekend and robbing fag trucks. But I am suggesting he's on the ruling council of an organisation that does it.

So you think that Gerry Adams is "involved" in decisions about robbing ciggarette trucks!!!!

You think that Sinn Fein is financed by IRA activity!!!

Theres no way Gerry Adams or SF would be stupid enough to be up to this. They're too smart politically to allow this. I mean their funds, activitys etc .........are the most scrutinised in politics!!

I disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

So you think that Gerry Adams is "involved" in decisions about robbing cigarette trucks!!!!
    NO, I never suggested it, and I wouldn't think he is.
    You think that Sinn Fein is financed by IRA activity!!!
    Yes I do.
    Theres no way Gerry Adams or SF would be stupid enough to be up to this. They're too smart politically to allow this. I mean their funds, activitys etc .........are the most scrutinised in politics!!
    Far from it. I would imagine the government's funds and activities are the most scrutinised in politics.

Well again ...I really think acussations that serious need some sort of proof behind them.

Out of curiosity..........between MI5, Security forces , etc etc do you not think that that "type" of information would be released if available?

• Advertisement
Advertisement