Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Call DAY ?

Options
  • 26-02-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Just had a thought.

With the recent price hike in rental for eircom lines and the controversy more or less died down. Dont you think Eircom have got a way with it ?

What about we started a campaign, or a protest ?

I for example would be willing to protest against eircom, by nominating a "No call day", where I wont make any calls on the eircom network!!!! IDont know if ither people would be of similar minds ? I might even do it before, or on the day of the proposed eircom flotation!!!

Wexfordman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The best protest you can make is to change to one of the other 20 or so fixed line providers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

there are no other fixed line providers unless you want Primary Rate ISDN ...Chorus are pulling out next month .

What about annoy Biddy day , totally clog up 1901 for free with detailed questions.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Originally posted by Fungus
    The best protest you can make is to change to one of the other 20 or so fixed line providers
    Given that no other provider covers the majority of this island it is a thought that would not work, Eircom have a monoploy when it comes to line rental

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I was talking about the other 20 or so Carier Pre Select operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Originally posted by Fungus
    I was talking about the other 20 or so Carier Pre Select operators.
    I didn't realise that there were that many but taking the line rental away from Eircom should be the next step

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

What about annoy Biddy day , totally clog up 1901 for free with detailed questions.

I think a 'no call' day would have limited success - due to the nature of the service - its effectively an essential service and it would hurt us more than them. Between that and the fact that it would be hard to motivate enough people to make any significant impact.

I think mucks idea above is very much an achieveable target - and would get more publicity. Its a little evil..but what better way to fight the evil empire itself:D

So, all you telecoms headz, how much volume would be required to cause a denial of service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when the us government threatened to put up petrol prices by a couple of cents.. i recall that our good neighbours went a little bit crazy and had a "no buy gas day" it worked for them, why, in principle cant it work for us? i mean we all have mobiles dont we......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by SeeYouJimmy
    it worked for them, why, in principle cant it work for us?

Because the Irish are 'lazy' when it comes to protesting about matters like this. Most of my friends complain about being ripped off but when you suggest something to do about it they couldn't be arsed. It's same all over the country and it's the reason companies have gotten away with it for so long. Apathy is evil.

Advertisement