Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadium Expansion

• 26-02-2004 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

I am playing as wolves getting capacity crowds so I ask for a stadium expansion. My wish is granted an extra 13625 seats will be added completion date is given my current capacity is sligly reduced while the building work goes on. Completion date comes and goes stadium is not expanded still have reduced capacity. end of season a stadium expanion of youve guessed it 13625 is anounced im told it will take 5 months to complete and the stadium capacity will be furter reduced. So i have currently a capacity of 23000 with planed expansion of 13625 listed to be completed 20-11-05 which is nearly a year ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

What version are you playing?

I'm on 03/04 with Aberdeen and the board have just spent £9 million (hard won prize money) on a new stand which i'd rather have spent on players.

It's not finished yet tho' but i'm down to 15,000 from 21,000 for about 6 months i think.

It should take me a few hours to play on till the completion date of the new stand so i'll let you know what happens in my game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'm getting a roof put on the Nou Camp and was told I'd be playing my home games out of Espanyols ground but I'm not.
    The work is expected to be finished at the end of the season (3/4 months left) so I'll have to wait and see what's going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

explantion completed 25-10-06 new capacity 36000+ and it still has a planed explansion due to be completed 30-11-06. So mabe it was two seperate expansions with the first just being completed 11 months late. The second expansion is now also late. They must have got some irish builders in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

According to the manual the board are most likely to expand the stadium if the previous season's average attendence is over 90% of the ground's capacity. It doesn't say if they do this off their own bat or you have to ask.

However, needing and asking for a new stadium is no guarantee that you'll get one. I was managing Siena in Serie A for several seasons with a capacity of just under 11,000. The crowds averaged over 10,500 every season but the local council blocked every planning application due to local resident's objections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I was playing as man utd and got the go ahead for a retractable roof on old trafford. had to go to maine road for nine months to play games but still havent moved b ack into old t. i think it migt be a glitch or somethiing

second expansion completed only 4 months late. It appears that the stadium expansion works it just like in real life it can be late. I now have a 49000+ all seater stadium with wolves and am only two of the top with €38m in the bank happy times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

Arghh...my new stand is 2 months overdue after the completion date and it's still not finished.

Whats the longest anyones waited past the date given?

Anyone still waiting after ages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Im considering asking for a stadium expansion as well, though with all the delays you's are getting I dont think it would be a wise move. Im managing Celtic on my second run in the C/L, on my first season got to the final, and second season {now} im in the quarters.

I dont fancy playing games in Ibrox, though if my attendance keeps going up it might have to be done.

• Advertisement

you can usaly still play your home games at home just with a slightly reduced capacity while the expansions are going on.

Advertisement