Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting code from bg_pmove.c

Options
  • 14-12-2000 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

From the q3 1.17 game source:

// ducking while falling doubles damage
    if ( pm->ps->pm_flags & PMF_DUCKED ) {
    delta *= 2;
    }

Why in the name of naked shamblers would you duck in the air? It doesn't reduce your visible area, at least not to the extent to make it worthwhile?

Perhaps it was added in the name of added "realism" to the physics -- I wonder if world record long jumpers try their damndest to move sideways whilst jumping forward to get that extra bit of distance smile.gif

Perhaps not.

- x0n

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

OMGG, you're some NURD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

This will mean certain DEATH for us all.

I don't know about you lot but I'm gonna start investing in canned goods and shotguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 x0n

Hmm, after some real-life testing I can confirm from the intensive care unit in St. Vincents that crouching can indeed double your damage received when dropping from a 30 foot bridge onto tarmac. The first time round I only broke a leg. That Carmack fellow really is a stickler, isn't he?

- x0n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Carmack : Tarmac!?!?

THE MYSTERY THAT IS QUAKE3ARENA FINALLY SOLVED!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Actually, if you watch athletes off the blocks head-on, you can see they run with their legs pretty wide for acceleration (strafe-running?)

Redesigned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Zeon

What the hell is this icon anyway?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

dunno, but it's not as cool as this one. I'm hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

It’s the Unreal Tournament symbol.

What language is that code in C/C++?

Answer to my own question – C

Missed the extension

[This message has been edited by tobiwan (edited 17-12-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

If you try it out on T4, fall off the top shelf standing or crouced, you lose 10 health. Off the middle shelf you lose 0 when standing but 10 when crouched.
    Odd.

Advertisement