Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to record audio of radio site

• 27-02-2004 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭

i'm stuck in a rut.

my fav band biffy clyro played their new song on john peels radio session.

i can't find it to download

but i can listen to it on this site

here

but they are taking the link away in seven days.

any1 know how i can record this i'll be very very very greatful to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

it's quite easy to do but difficult to describe -- it depends on a lot of things -- your audio card or built in audio on m/b - your version of windows - and the way your pc is configured --

so i'll describe it generaly

if you're listening to audio on your pc then that means that you have some sort of audio card or audio built into the motherboard

there will be some software to control this -- if you've got a special soundcard like a soundblaster then the software is probably available in the start -> programs section -- if not you may be looking through windows help section to find where the software (volume controls etc ) are for the built in sound

anyway what you're looking for is the recording level controls and the volume controls

tip -- if you open sound recorder -- usually in start-> programs -> accessories -> entertainment and click on audio properties in the edit menu then you should be able to see what the recording source is

once you find the controls for the recording source you will have to set it so that it records what the computer hears --- on my soundblaster it's called "what you hear" - but it could be anything --- i think there is an advanced section in the standard windows software and it may be in there

now if you select this input for recording ( and turn of other stuff like the desktop mike ) then when you listen to the song on your pc with record down ( in sound recorder or whatever record program your pc is equiped with ) - make sure the recording level is up as high as it will go ( not the volume thats totaly different ) -- the song will be recorded

that's basicaly it

it is potentially a breach of copyright though -- so dont say i didnt warn you !!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭omathuna

Here is a link to a site which lists several nice programs which can record radio and also then split the recording into separate tracks (If you record several songs).
    http://pages.prodigy.net/jdjd/vinyl/4wave.htm

The site is originally for recording LP vinyl to CD. I find "Wave Repair" the easiest to use, http://www.waverepair.com/

Anyway have fun, and heed bob's warning and hide you PC when FACT come calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Do a search.. Streambox VCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i got that program and spent ages trying to work it but i couldn't get it to work

i so badly need to download this. i know it's against the law but i'll be buying the album when it comes out anyways :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i got it

found out i had a program that came with my soundcard (audigy2) that recorded it.

awww man biffy clyro so good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement