Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what u think of this ladz?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya, i downloaded it off xsreality - i'll dcc it if its gone from the site

noooooooooooooo Strider stopped working on that mod that was on games1
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    I decided a few weeks ago that it's not my place to fix Q3, especially if it involves what can only be considered as hacks to fix the inherent problems that exist because of the way the networking has been designed. I also don't believe I should continue to research the game and the bugs it contains with a view to having them fixed by mod authors or id Software.

I might change my mind but it's unlikely, it all depends on support from you guys and of course making sure id Software get involved.

If that doesn't happen it won't really matter to me anymore, I'm tired of the problems in Q3 and the fact that it's unlikely they will ever be fixed just makes the time I spent learning about it all seem so worthless.
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

its not the bug,
    its the fact the Blue went to the cpl admins directly after the game, and they would'nd listen to him, would'nd check the putter or ever look @ his demo.
    and now after the comp there trying to cover it up and fob it off.
    This is ment to be "pro" gaming, thats hardly "professional" admining.
    How on earth did these muppets get put in charge of a competiton of this size.

Outraged.

but if they did admit it was a bug, then Blue could cause a right fuss since he was seeded 2nd. He could demand the $15,000 he would have got if he came in 2nd place or something

if they had of had any sence @ all. they would have listened to him. took the time to actully watch the demo and had the match replayed.

Americans, pffff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Illkillya, perhaps if you gave a posting of support (as he asked for) he may yet continue his work.
    His thread is here: http://xsreality.com/?action=forums&forum_id=1&forum_post_id=18359#comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

The mod looks dodgy alright, but Blue was getting his ass kicked. I'm sure the CPL guys noticed it afterwards, but what can u do?
    There were definite bugs in the mod, but sure they can't undo the competition because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Well the fact that XSR seem to have removed all of the demos and pics pertaining to the match then it sure as **** looks like an indirect admission of guilt. If there was simply bugs in the mod why didn't they leave the info up and go... "Look this happened.. nothing we could do" instead of whipping it all down and hiding it..
    convenient for some..

.logic.

[This message has been edited by logic1 (edited 18-12-2000).]

yes, all cpl sites have gotten rid of there demo's of the game.
    afiak its still on XSR tho,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

From all accounts and screenies and stuff. it does look like a bug with q3comp and/or the 125hz code which was integrated into q3comp.

CPL rules state that the 125hz mod is not allowed to be used in tournaments. What puzzles me is even if the players accidently turned on the mod why wasn't it disabled server side so it wasnt possible for a player to turn it on?

Sounds like someone ****ed up putting the servers together.

Another thing to note - Excalibur was one of the programmers on Q3Comp. When n9-Burn played Excalibur on t2, Burn expressed similar problems before the match, but luckily he swapped pc's and it was ok then. Was it something in Excalibur's config?

Anyway.. who shot JFK then ?

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 19-12-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

so Excalibur is a cheater?

Advertisement