Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much of a test drive do you take

Options
  • 27-02-2004 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭

I've taken this from my C180 post

I took it (a C180) for a 20 minute test drive and when we got back to the garage I said to the salesman, "yeah not bad, but I want to take it for a longer drive" and he was shocked, he said "why do you need a longer test drive?" "Cause its like 30k a**hole" Why do salesmen think 20 - 30 minutes of a TD is enough, I never buy a car unless i drive it for the weekend, what about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

To be honest, I'm surprised at him. As you said, your shelling out 30k, its not a toy or a TV that you can bring back.

I went test driving in Galway last summer & ensured test drives for 1 hour at least between myself & her-indoors.

The last garage (renault) let me keep the car over night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Mmm, C classes are way out of my league. Anyway, my story is more like this. The new Rover MG was just out , and I thought it looked great. Went to a dealer in Kildare and asked about a test-drive, he said sure no problem. Through me the keys of the 160bhp model. Wow, cool. I just wanted to drive the basic model a 105bhp one. Drove it for about 35 mins, and he didn't seem to mind how long I was gone.

Advertisement