Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last night 26-02 @ fcc

Options
  • 27-02-2004 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

well lads - who was around til then end - any idea who won?

i ran off when there was around half the people left, some guy seeing my all in with 44 and then getting a 4 on the river. nice for him.

playing upstairs, which i way prefer, twas a great game, nice to see it's winnable playing with all the ol' fella's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

I was there till 2:30.Went out 28th. QQ vs KK(for him). =]

Was good fun tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Spiritus
    I was there till 2:30.Went out 28th. QQ vs KK(for him). =]
    Was good fun tho.
    Sounds like a long night for whoever made it to the final table(s).
    Any idea how Dev and the lads got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Jesus Christ. Is there anyone playing in the fitz that is not on boards?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Went out when down to the last 3 tables, 27th I think. 85 started last night which was the most ever. Tough as hell didn't hit a hand all night, had to rely on the bluff to keep me in. Builded myself up to about 11,000 with the blinds 800/1500 but just about to go to 1000/2000 with me in the big blind next. Got pocket queens first real strong hand in about 2 hrs. Raised to 3,000 double the BB. Some guy in middle position went all-in for 10,000 ish - wasn't sure what to do. Eventually I decided to call seeing as only 2 hands could be beating me at this stage. He had the aces unfortunatly no help for either of us and he took the pot down. I was left with about 1200 but got moved when I was about to be in the BB, first bit of luck that night. Within 3 hands I got A,10 the blind was coming around soon so had to go with that. Came up against Noel Furlong's pocket Jacks - damn pocket pairs. Anyway no ace for me and I was out. Nice to get knocked out by the ex-world champ though. Do you think I played the queens badly? I still can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

There's wasn't anything else you could do with your QQ. He was going all in on his pocket Aces regardless.. You've got to play QQ to the end, unless you can figure out that he's beating you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

you played it right davey, that guy was always gonna call you no matter what you put in, you were screwed before you even bet, but you were left with that indecision, knowing that you've commited so much to a hand already, there is a part of you that is saying fold..

its hard when your not getting any luck all night and you have pocket queens or kings and you come up against the bullets, like being kicked in the balls by a little kid who runs off and then everyone points and laughs at you

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I was very happy with my play (Mr P would have been proud of me, I played tighter then a ducks arse and got some respect for it).

Went up to 12,000+ and then had 3 50/50's or better go bad on me for 4K a pop.
    (JJ beaten by A10 when he got an Ace on the river, AKs being beaten by 77 with nary a spade nor an A nor a King in all five cards and KQd being beaten by a 10 on the river by J10).

I played reasopnably imho, made some good calls but went out 35th... the play at the table was superb. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with people who really really knew how to play. If you didnt have your wits about you you would have been shredded by the sharks at my table and I think it was the same at the other tables too (Muso was sitting to the left of Noel Furlong ffs :) ). I was probably enjoying the nip and tuck of the hands too much as I should probably have walked from the 50/50's rather then risk my stack but shag it, life is for living and if they had gone the other way I'd have been at the final table with a shot.

My only regret is that it may take a while to get back to sitting there as theres no way on Gods good earth that I'm going to pay 270 to swim with those sharks!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Good point you make about spending the €270. I don't think I could play my usual game knowing I had paid that much to enter. The differance in skill is massive between the qualifiers and the 250. I don't think I made a mistake the whole night and still only came 27th. Last month I found it much easier. Maybe that was due to a combination of getting better hands and the fact there was only 68 players last time. It's getting bigger every month. I'd say the next one could have close to a hundred entries.

Did anyone find out who took the money home?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I don't know who won. I was on a plane to London the next morning so I left the minute I went out. Funny Davey that we both got knocked out by Noel Furlong holding A10.
    I really enjoyed watching Noel play. I suspect his best game is when he wins chips from the outset. Basically with a lot of chips he would generally bet a small amount into any pot if he had something, bottom pair say. If he was re-raised he could get out cheap but on average he took down quite a few pots. It was obvious though that he bluffed from time to time. Donnacha O'Dea's son called him to the end at one point and beat him with Ace high. Good player that O'Dea. At one point Furlong bet into a flop showing 2 3s. Young O'Dea took ages to call his bets and on the turn he went all-in after much thought. It was slightly over played as I suspected he was dramatically slow playing a set of 3s and sure enough when I chatted to him he confirmed my suspicions. Good player though.
    All in all an educational night.

Advertisement