Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema Advice

• 27-02-2004 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Well lads,

I'm looking for a speaker solution/amp and possibly a dvd player aswell. Can anyone recommend one for around 300 EUR?

I was looking at this but its not that powerfull.

Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

To be honest you aren't going to get anything decent for that sort of money... nothing that would come close to the term "home cinema" anyway. Add a couple of hundred to it and look at a few of the entry-level Sony packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I have heard nothing but good reports for this system here it costs €420 from komplett . Its what ill be getting in a couple of months once I get the cash up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I have Creative Megaworks 5.1 for my pc but i kinda want a seperate system for my TV. Yeah i think ill go for an entry level sony's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I'm selling a digital home cinema system here on boards.ie in the FS General section. See thread below:
    DVD Digital Home Cinema System for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Those Creative systems are not to be underestimated, i had one as my first system,and i still have it for gaming in the spare room, for value they are brilliant but you will probably upgrade along the line, im currently on a 6.1 Marantz/Mission setup but i still think the creative sounds good for the money.

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have the Logitech 680's. Unbelievable sound. Not even gonna explain how good they are. Get them now! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I recently heard the Creative system in a large store and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all. Don't get me wrong I admire these systems for what they are - computer speakers !

The bass was non-existant except for a boomy mud at the low end which made the rest of the speakers less effective.

My advice would be to save up for a bit longer and buy something decent second hand and proven until finances improve for you.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thanks for the replies lads.

i went for a Panasonic system in dixons. Very nice indeed

Advertisement