Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KV32FX68 Questions

Options
  • 27-02-2004 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A couple of queries for you.

I have my Sky+ box connected to the TV via SCART. Sky+ is also connected to my amp via an optical lead and the TV is connected to the amp using phono leads.

Sound from Sky+ through the optical lead is fine.

Sound from TV (on Sky+ channel) through the phono leads is fine.

However, there is no sound coming from the terrestrial channels (either through TV's speakers or the phono leads).

======

On my previous sony TV the settings were retained when the set was turned off (or put into standby). On the new one they are not. The speakers must be turned off every time the tv is switched on, even from standby. Is there any way around this?

======

Also on the old TV you could assign AV inputs to channel numbers, i.e. Sky+ was on 9, DVD was on 0. Is there any way to do this on the KV32FX68?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

with regard to the sound there isnt a way of saving your settings. One option would be to use a Scart ---> 2 Phono if you have a spare scart socket, this will output the sound permenantely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I've tried the scart to phono option, but I'm not getting any sound at all from it. I'm using SCART3.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, to get sound from Scart, on most TV's you MUST connect the Scart plug to Scart1 on the TV, as it's usually the only one that outputs audio, all the othes are just inputs.

As for giving an AV channel a number, yes it should be possible. It's been possible on most of the newer Sony sets I've installed. Can't remember exactly where but I think the option is AV Presets or something, in the menu.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've tried the scart to phono option, but I'm not getting any sound at all from it. I'm using SCART3.

Shane, I have a KV32FX66 and can set the output of the AV3 (Scart 3) socket. You can access this from the "Features" menu. One of the options here is "TV". I've tried this on my own system and it works OK. Just be sure that the scart lead you use is either a switchable one (IN/OUT - set it to out) - most of the SCART/Phone adaptor blocks you buy off the shelf are IN only.

Another interesting point - I also had my TV directly connected to the amp with phono leads from the direct phono outs on the TV but had low/no sound. After a little bit of fiddling I discovered the following :- I was in the habit of turning down the volume on the TV when listening through the amp but then discovered that the output from the phono jacks was slaved to the volume! - turn down the volume and no output - no the way electrical items with line level plugs are supposed to work!

Anyways, I jacked that idea in favour of the AV3 output instead and all is OK.

See how you go and good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

I'll check the connection between AV3 and the amp later.

I also had the same problem with the direct phono outs. It would be fine if the TV's setting did not reset every time you put it into standby. You cannot disconnect the TV's speakers permanently (without opening the casing and using a scissors :D).

Bit silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is there a headphone output that might mute the internal speakers ?

Tinky

OK, have sorted out the problems described in my first post. Just in case anyone else has similar problems here is what was wrong.

Problem: No sound on terrestrial channels.

Solution: The channels were tuned in on the correct frequency but were using the wrong system. It was defaulting to "B/K" but once it was changed to "I" the sound worked perfectly.

Problem: Speaker settings not stored.

Solution: The volume setting is stored so if you turn it down the volume to nothing it will stay there even after you turn off and on the TV. I got a scart plug that takes phono connections and use this on AV3. The previous scart I used was for input only which is why I was not getting any sound.

Problem: Assign AV inputs to Channel IDs

Solution: None as of yet.

Advertisement