Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA Variable Rate Account

Options
  • 27-02-2004 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I opened an SSIA with ACC bank as everyone was saying they were offering the best deal at the time. However what I didn't realise was that the good deal was for the fixed rate and not the variable. I didn't know the difference and should have opened the fixed rate account....foolish on my part I should have read more into it. I think i'm now getting 2% interest or possibly less and would like to transfer my SSIA to an institution offering a higher rate of interest on a variable SSIA account. Is there a page listing these rates or can someone recommend one. I have been told First Active is offering a better rate. Your advise please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check Friday's Irish Time business section or the Sunday Business Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by comet
    I opened an SSIA with ACC bank as everyone was saying they were offering the best deal at the time. However what I didn't realise was that the good deal was for the fixed rate and not the variable.

Your advise please.

ACC has the best Variable rate at Base or Base +1 (3%) .

Fixes were on offer at 4 or 5% if you maxed it from day one, this did not suit many people.

My advice is find someone who is not maxing theirs and 'help' them to do so .......payback is 3 years away now.

You will not get a better deal if you change, andif you do I will donate €10 to your Paypal if you tell me how you managed to do so :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I found this chart since posting

Variable SSIA RATES
    Institution CAR Price Promise
    Anglo Irish Bank 2.50% ECB - 0.25%
    Northern Rock 2.25% match ECB
    EBS Building Society 2.10% ECB - 0.5%
    ACC Bank 2.00% match ECB
    First Active 2.00% match ECB

So Anglo Irish Bank are offering .5% percent more than ACC on the variable SSIA. Interestingly they didn't promise even to match the ECB originally unlike ACC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Is it definitely possible to switch your SSIA to another bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Transfer details for SSIA http://www.revenue.ie/pdf/upssia15.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement