Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Flight Sim 2004 price diff.

Options
  • 27-02-2004 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Just looking around to buy this game and I saw it on Galaxy Computers (buy4now.ie) for
    84.99 Euro + Delivery.

It's on play.com for 59.60 Euro delivered ! ! !

That's a difference of over 25 euro.
    How the hell do these companies survive?
    Buy Irish my ar*e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Online Irish stores are the biggest rip-off (next to offline English stores here, i.e. PC World, Dixons, Argos)...they seem to be cheaper offline then they do on.

Speaking of games - I was going to get Call of Duty in PC World for €50...took a five minute walk and found it for €40 in Smyths (good shop for games IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Irish online stores rely on people's ignorance when it comes to buying online. They don't seem to get the fact that with a few mouse clicks, you can usually get something much cheaper elswhere. They also don't seem to get the fact that shopping online should give a consumer some kind of incentive to buy online (e.g. lower prices).

I never buy off Irish web sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

i'll tell you some inside information that 58 euro for flightsim 04 is actually well below microsoft's trade price for that game!!! microsoft games especially are very harsh on retailer margins. Id say galaxy are only making between 5 and 10 euro on that. Us little guys can never come near the likes of play.com usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

UT2K4 - due for release friday. Game's esitmated price - E50-E60.
    Play.com - 17.99UKP delivered. Half price.

Advertisement