Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 2 Zoom bind

Options
  • 13-12-2000 8:34am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ello, what is the q2 bind that incorporates the whole "press and hold buttom for zoom, release and zoom out again" thingy? I used to have it in my config but lost it.

Here in U.L. more people play q2 now on the college/village lans than q1 or q3....actually no-one really plays q1 and only a handfull play q3.

It looks like the class in 2 just keeps it going.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

//Sniper Zoom View
    alias sniper_on "fov 20;sensitivity 1.5; wait; echo Zoom In"
    alias sniper_off "fov 90;sensitivity 6; wait; echo Zoom Out"
    bind YOURKEY1 sniper_on
    bind YOURKEY2 sniper_off

Change fov 90 in the third line there to your normal fov, replace YOURKEY with your key smile.gif, and you probably need to mess with the sensitivities too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I don't even play Q2 and I probably did this better:
    To turn off sniper mode by lifting the key, instead of using a seperate key, try something like this:

alias +camper "fov 22.5;sensitivity 1.5; wait; echo Zoom Boy"
    alias -camper"fov 105;sensitivity 6; wait; echo That's better"
    bind YOURKEY +camper (or just 'camper', not sure)

that's the general idea, someone might want to clean it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think the word "camper" is appropriate here. I watched you play gman there on saturday bossarky, and you never attacked. Made for a fairly pathetic game. Do you always play the edge also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

"Do you always play the edge also?"

WHAT THE FúCK DO YOU THINK GERRY!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

zoom bind, lol smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    I think the word "camper" is appropriate here. I watched you play gman there on saturday bossarky, and you never attacked. Made for a fairly pathetic game. Do you always play the edge also?</font>

eh? I happen to record most of the matches that I played just in case anything intersting happens.......so would you like me to slap up the one Vs Gman...think it was 22-0 to me in 10 mins.....I'll try and attack more next time for ya. Spud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

haha, 22-0 The one I saw was a bit closer than that now. Thanks. vorosha: I thought you might try a conversion of dm4, or maybe q2dm3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

mild lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

OMGG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

This 1 time at band camp.....

[This message has been edited by Guinnessman (edited 14-12-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Gerry... we try... we try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

whos taking the horse to france

Sico
    so all the top q3 players a zoom boys then....

I would just like to take this opportunity to tell you al that you're all a pack of muppets.

Thank you for your time.

btw the zoom is fair handy for a mid-far range battle, not camping...cos if you were camping you wouldn't need zoom as you just wait for the opposition to cross into the cross hair of death.

Jumping around and zooming is quite a skill and I for one am a master. Take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Nice to know my attempt at help is appreciated...

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yeh arky zooming is fuk hard to use,unless your camping :P
    q2 railgun is the best!

sure is bai.

gimps

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by podgeen:
    gimps</font>

rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement

redface.gif

lol @ ivo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ivo

btw flanagan i havent forgotten my email you replied to. you miserable little ****er - and here ye are wasting yer sad ****ing lives chatting in a place like this - i mean at work weve nothing better to do - but your in college - if you want the definition of sad - look through all the postings in here.
    you can reply to this or whatever - if i were you i wouldnt waste my valuable time - i will never be looking at this page again. (ps joyce if your reading this why tf did you tell me about this stupid page??)

ps: That zoom thing IS for ****ing campers. loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

hehe he sadi he wasnt looking here again so **** OFF > smile.gif

ani-mv_1.gif

Advertisement