Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything or nothing 007

Options
  • 27-02-2004 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

So did anybody get this today, i was toying with getting it, but im not to sure, nightfire was good but to short, i was just wondering was this the same

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Also was thinking of getting it. Excellent video review of it .
    Warning though, its 73mb, requires quicktime.Right click and download.

here

It looks good, i think ill hold on for MGS: Twin Snakes instead, only a month to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

This is a must have if your into Third person shooters. The best Bond game bar none. Got it in the states and been playing it all week. Also driving and flying helicopters thrown in for good measure and a few hot babes is just the icing on the cake. Enjoy i certainly am.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by mickger
    The best Bond game bar none.

This good sir, is surely a lie.
    Saw some dudes playin it today in GameStop, ridin' on motorbikes they were. Looked ok, not overly impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

So you've judged it by looking over some guys shoulder in Gamestop. Each to there own:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I've only played the SP so far: its ok, not great. Very cinematic game.

The lock-on system is a pain. It rarely locks onto the guy you want.

At least EA are trying something different for a change though.

An improvement over Nightfire, but that doesn't say much tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I went out and got it on friday, its pretty good actaully. The 3rd person is a bitch to get used to, and the aiming takes time but when u progress in the game and have got used to the controls its actaully a pretty damn good game. Visuals are suprisingly good compared to the like of Mohaa Rising Sun (ARHG!). The co-op is decent aswell, its gives you new missions and so on. The Driving bits are handy, but on the later levels its a bloody pain to use the motorbike on the motorway having to go 150mph+ and then smashing into an on coming car. Lots of gadgets aswell, the steath missions are no splintercell but its a pretty good attempt at it, and with the moves they give you like wallhugging, rolling, peaking around corners and stealthy take downs its gives a good sense of Stealthynesss. Id Give it a 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I read in the Mirror (they have some technology page every saturday) that it's great and got 5/5 - but what would they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ok i relented and reasoned with meself and i got it on x-box, and to be quite honest it just more than a little good.

I like the opening very very good, im on the level now where im rappelling down the side of the building, if i didnt have to goto work id still be on it

Ìd recommend it anyway

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

quality quality game

one of the best 4 the xbox at the moment if u ask me

Well to be fair shinzon you recommended rebel strike as a good game :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Best Bond game me asre. And Rebel Strike wasn't that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

If you're looking for a good 3rd person shooter, Freedom Fighters is great fun.The game itself isnt too ambitious or anything ground breaking.Its just so enjoyable to play.It's like conflict desert storm but with simplified controls.its addictive to play.The ragdoll physics are excellent.Lob a grenade into a bunker of russians and they fly 50ft in the air with arms flailing and wallop into buildings.great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by mickger
    So you've judged it by looking over some guys shoulder in Gamestop. Each to there own:confused:

I'm judging it from the small bit I saw, the greatness of Goldeneye, and the record of [imo] ****e bond/3rd person EA shoot-em-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Any word on it coming out for the PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Bond console games tend to not appear on the pc...pity....

Nightfire was released for the PC so I'd imagine this will be at some stage.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone else find this really hard/annoying to play on the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Had no problems playing it on the xbox, playing through it a second time now as first time round, I found it very hard to actually find any of the bond moments. Very enjoyable game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Henry_14
    Anyone else find this really hard/annoying to play on the xbox?

Nope nps here on x-box i have to say, pretty damn good game

Shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement