Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creative.com stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah these guys cant get enough praise IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

I agree with this.. Real quick on shipping. Deffo a Tumbs up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

They have an office in Dublin (Blanchardstown afaik) so it's reasonably cheap to return any faulty items too. A friend once returned a faulty graphics card by hand because he was in Dublin for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Their prices to Ireland are slightly cheaper then other European destinations, only right as they are sent from here in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

ye think! the 30gig zen mp3 player is 400euro, on amazon.co.uk it comes in at 330euro, say 350 with p&p.

i'm sure you could pick one up cheaper in power city. are they really made here?

Originally posted by John R
    Their prices to Ireland are slightly cheaper then other European destinations, only right as they are sent from here in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

do they sell the zens in powercity? i was almost virtually decided to get a jukebox zen off the creative site because i like the fact that they have a base in dublin so its easy to return a faulty item, buying in powercity etc. would suit me as well does anyone know a cheap price in an irish online / non online store?

i'm only asuming they do, i cant see why not, and would have to be cheaper than 400 nicker, bloody rip off!

Originally posted by alienhead
    ye think! the 30gig zen mp3 player is 400euro, on amazon.co.uk it comes in at 330euro, say 350 with p&p.

i'm sure you could pick one up cheaper in power city. are they really made here?

I wasn't comparing their prices with other retailers just the prices creative offer to different destinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

I got my 30Gb zen xtra for in a best buy in Washington a month ago. Price after currency conversion?

230 euro :D

the way to go, i'd like know why there's 170euro in the difference.
    Originally posted by musician.ie
    I got my 30Gb zen xtra for in a best buy in Washington a month ago. Price after currency conversion?

230 euro :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

in fairness, all mp3 players, camera etc. are much cheaper in the US than Europe, its not just a creative thing. but yeah, its very annoying that it is the case that an ipod, zen or whatever is over a 100 squid cheaper in the us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I don't like the fact that they charge different prices. I sent an email off about their store charging EUR100 more for a Radeon 9800XT than Komplett were charging. I got a response back to the effect that it was "Marketing policy or strategic pricing" and offering to match their price. That kinda put me off. I did a quick search just a minute ago and found that their prices are different in some European countries. One product is almost EUR 100 dearer in Ireland than it is in a different Euro Country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    They have an office in Dublin (Blanchardstown afaik) so it's reasonably cheap to return any faulty items too. A friend once returned a faulty graphics card by hand because he was in Dublin for the day.

Office..... the European HQ is in Blanch.

alienhead.. price diff has a lot to do with that matter of the massive difference in VAT and assorted duties in Ireland vs the US. No conspiracy here. :rolleyes:

Also, afaik Power City dont sell any MP3 players at all.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Well you obviously shop around before you buy anything. Creative do have items that are cheaper than Komplett and often have stuff on sale. The free postage and two day delivery just sweetens the deal.

Powercity do sell mp3 players, including creative ones. Can't remember the prices though.

Advertisement