Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAID Array Migration

• 27-02-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have an IDE raid array on my exising PC -- its a ~400gb JBOD. However, i am thinking of upgrading my motherboard, but and wondering if I will loose the contents of my raid array when I do this?

Anyone got any ideas / thoughts?...
    The size of the array is too big to backup externally and rebuild

Thanks,
    Jab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

If you upgrade you MB you can still save the HDD and array, just make sure you install the chipset drivers before install the new MB.......I may or moy not work things get very doggy when dealing with RAID and upgrading?

All I acn say is do your research but as far as I know it would work....

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Thanks for the info....however, I dont understand what you mean by "just make sure you install the chipset drivers before install the new MB" ??

Ta,
    Jab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I think he means chipset on new motherboard , i870p maybe on an intel board nowadays. Its a good point , means the plug n play should work smoothly.

It should be cool if the raid is a card and not built into your current board.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Naw, the current setup is a highpoint raid controler built onto my mobo...
    Sounds like I will loose the array when I upgrade.....which kind of scuppers the upgrade idea!!

Advertisement